ABS and traction fault now - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ABS and traction fault now

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmith1
    I had a similar problem, when I put my foot on the brake for the first time all the warning lights lit. It turned out to be the Cruise Control cancellation switch on the brake pedal had failed. It is easy to check with a multimeter, there are three tags. It is located halfway up the brake pedal, To remove it twist the body, it is a bayonet fitting and remove the connector.
    Hi, if the Cruise Control cancellation switch is faulty would the ABS be inoperable?

Still havent had the time to investigate further but I dont have ABS as breaking is not very good to say the least and I only fitted new EBC discs and pads 6 weeks ago. Also I get this little electrical whine whenever I press the brake.
    2002 - Lexus SC430 convertible
    1998 - Range Rover 4.6 HSE
    1986 - Jaguar V12 5.3 XJS

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Hi Aquanuke
    Not sure about the ABS, I didn't spend much time with the faulty switch in place to experiment, but I believe the Cruise Control would not cancel when the brake is applied. You possibly could not set the Cruise as well. The Brake lights continued to work for some reason as this is the only switch on the pedal.

I was trying to find a squeek when the brake pedal was applied and accidentally shoved the armiture into the switch body when I pushed it too hard. When I pulled it back out the contact inside broke away.
    When the fault appeared I knew where to go. Btw the new switch fixed the squeek, but was expensive at $90Au for a couple of pieces of plastic with 3 contacts and connectors.

Cheers
    Graham
    Cheers
    Graham.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Finally got round to doing this..

Got a used accumulator on ebay for £30. Took a couple of minutes to do the job. I pumped the pedal 30 times and got a spanner (20mm I think), theres a nut just above the thread, gave the spanner a little tap with a hammer and came straight off. The chap I bought it from even put a new O ring on.

Warning lights have gone and brakes work fine again. I put a 2" nail in the old one and couldnt feel anything, the replacement one only went in about 1" before it hit the thing inside.. so hopefully should be plenty of life left in this one.
    2002 - Lexus SC430 convertible
    1998 - Range Rover 4.6 HSE
    1986 - Jaguar V12 5.3 XJS

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Same Problem

I have been having the same problem. ABS fault, and Traction Control Fault. I figured it needed new bads as my brakes were squeeking a little. However I just went out to drive it and it won't come out of park. I will wait for an assitant to check the brake lights. Any other suggestions????
    99 4.6 Purchased June 07

Make sure all of your pedal connectors are clean and firmly set. It sounds likt your sift interlock is disconnected.
    When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
    When dealing others, act with your heart.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now