My new EBC Sport Brakes with Install Pics
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My new EBC Sport Brakes with Install Pics

FRESHMAN ROVER

My new EBC Sport Brakes with Install Pics

Just finished installing my new EBC rotors, pads, and two rear calipers. One of my rear calipers was sticking and squealing like a little pig!! Decided to change out both rear calipers...fronts are still okay. All I gotta say...it was a pain in the behind to remove the rears...they were rusted and baked onto the rotor pan lol...I think I pissed off a few neighbors with all the banging I was making in the parking garage lol. Will let you guys know how they perform

Honestly, I think I got one of the best prices online for the set. Bought them from http://www.placeforbrakes.com

Front and Rear EBC sport rotors dimpled and slotted + Front 7000 Green Stuff Supreme Pads / Rear 6000 Green Stuff Pads

All for $430 shipped...that's with a promotional offer I received...was something like 16% off their lowest price.

Plus they have free shipping.

My 2008 Supercharged Westminster in the shop getting a full 2010 MY+ face lift ...getting it back this week On some 20" RR Sport wheels wrapped in 285/50R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers!

2008 RRSC Westminster
    - 2010+ MY Conversion

2001 4.6 HSE P38
    - 265/75R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    - 2" OME Springs
    - Fox Reservoir Shocks
    - Tom Woods Double Cardan Driveshafts
    - Adjustable Panhard Bars
    - Custom Stereo

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

Re: My new EBC Sport Brakes with Install Pics

Nice, but PLEASE do not ever work under the vehicle without jack stands! That's like Russian roulette...

I have seen jacks break under load.
    2001 Range Rover 4.6 SE - SD rack, sliders, ladder, steering guard, front diff guard, rear diff guard, Warn XD9000CE winch, factory winch tray, aluminum radiator, 255/85 r16 KM2s, RTE 3s, adjust Panhard rod...
    2006 LR3 SE - ARB bumper, Superwinch EP9, rack, Sasquatch rods
    2009 M1101 military trailer

FRESHMAN ROVER

Have put about 100 miles on the new brakes and they are performing very well Much better than the stock p38 brakes! In case any of you are on the fence on getting these or trying out a new brand...I'd definitely recommend the EBC Sport brakes with green stuff pads.
    2008 RRSC Westminster
    - 2010+ MY Conversion

2001 4.6 HSE P38
    - 2" OME Springs
    - Fox Reservoir Shocks
    - Custom Stereo

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by spikemd
    Nice, but PLEASE do not ever work under the vehicle without jack stands! That's like Russian roulette...

I have seen jacks break under load.
    spikemd...man I know it's a big risk...but it's all I have to work with at the moment...been stable the past 2-3 times I've changed the brakes/wheels. Plus, taking it to the dealer is out of the question haha. The other problem I have is with storage...I live in a apartment complex and don't have a place where to keep a heavy duty jack like they use at the tire shops...those things are massive! lol....appreciate you looking out for a fellow P38 owner hehe
    2008 RRSC Westminster
    - 2010+ MY Conversion

2001 4.6 HSE P38
    - 2" OME Springs
    - Fox Reservoir Shocks
    - Custom Stereo

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks for the writeup!

As I'm about to do the same work to mine,I'd love to know if you encountered any difficulties? Was bleeding the system difficult or did you just follow RAVE and advice offered on the main page?
    1994 4.6 HSE
    1972 109" SIII SW
    1967 88" SIIA

Quote Originally Posted by mcanzio

spikemd...man I know it's a big risk...but it's all I have to work with at the moment...been stable the past 2-3 times I've changed the brakes/wheels. Plus, taking it to the dealer is out of the question haha. The other problem I have is with storage...I live in a apartment complex and don't have a place where to keep a heavy duty jack like they use at the tire shops...those things are massive! lol....appreciate you looking out for a fellow P38 owner hehe
    It's not a big risk... it could the risk of your life. I understand well your situation since i lived in a apartment complex for 3 years...
    My advice would be : source another range rover jack and use it as a safety jack in case primary fails on you.
    Those jacks are very good and compact.
    1997 P38 4.6
    LPG
    SD L322 Rack adapted to P38
    DC5000 EAS Compressor
    Arnott Gen3
    RR-EVOLUTION protection for P38 : front diff guard, rear diff guard, steering guard, fuel tank
    32 inch BF KM2 tires
    Custom Mantec Snorkel
    RPI Sport Exhaust
    H4 Bixenons bulbs

SENIOR ROVER

You need a pair of axle stands at least - rated at 5 to 6 tons each as a minimum.
    It is all too easy for the car to roll off the jack. As I know only too well.

You also need to chock the wheels. The car can twist even with the handbrake on.
    The handbrake works on the back of the gearbox and the diffs can allow the car to rotate on the jack.
    Spend $50 -$100 on some decent stands. They don't take up much space.
    You don't need a big commercial jack like tyre shops use. Get a 4x4 jack which has a higher lift.
    If we don't hear another post from you again we will know what has happened.

Dave
    2000 Range Rover 2.5 DSE HP24 auto, uprated torque converter - JFearn chip, larger intercooler, removable winch, stainless exhaust, alloy radiator, Gen III's, Terrafirma +2" shocks, GG AT2's. Faultmate MSV2. Land Rover folding mountain bike with 1000W electric motor.
    ex-1996 Discovery 2.5 300Tdi diesel auto
    ex-1982 Classic 3.86 Perkins diesel manual

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by dave3d
    You need a pair of axle stands at least - rated at 5 to 6 tons each as a minimum.
    It is all too easy for the car to roll off the jack. As I know only too well.

You also need to chock the wheels. The car can twist even with the handbrake on.
    The handbrake works on the back of the gearbox and the diffs can allow the car to rotate on the jack.
    Spend $50 -$100 on some decent stands. They don't take up much space.
    You don't need a big commercial jack like tyre shops use. Get a 4x4 jack which has a higher lift.
    If we don't hear another post from you again we will know what has happened.

Dave

Fortunately, I'm still alive and well lol. I agree with you guys completely and will invest in that piece of equipment for sure. Just to clarify...I never work under the truck while it's up on that eenie meenie jack stand...always from the side...obviously the jack could go flying and hit me in the face lol...glad that hasn't happend. Also I always put one of the tires right under the area i'm working so it adds a little bit of protection if it falls. Either way I know it's not the safest of ways...but it's all I had at the moment. I feel loved...true P38 community!
    2008 RRSC Westminster
    - 2010+ MY Conversion

2001 4.6 HSE P38
    - 2" OME Springs
    - Fox Reservoir Shocks
    - Custom Stereo

SENIOR ROVER

I'm glad the message got through. Also be aware the car can go sideways if the jack slips.

Anyway how do you find the EBC greenstuff pads?
    I heard they don't start to bite until they are hot. I decided to stay with Mintex.

Dave
    2000 Range Rover 2.5 DSE HP24 auto, uprated torque converter - JFearn chip, larger intercooler, removable winch, stainless exhaust, alloy radiator, Gen III's, Terrafirma +2" shocks, GG AT2's. Faultmate MSV2. Land Rover folding mountain bike with 1000W electric motor.
    ex-1996 Discovery 2.5 300Tdi diesel auto
    ex-1982 Classic 3.86 Perkins diesel manual

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now