P38 carpet fixing.
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: P38 carpet fixing.

FRESHMAN ROVER

P38 carpet fixing.

Hi, I am hoping for more information.

I am trying to find out what the carpets clips for holding down over mats look like. I have lost two of the original clips that were fixed to the original carpets, and I am trying to source two more to replace the missing ones. But, I can't find out what the clips that hold the over mats look like.

I have a picture [below] of the type of carpet clips that are missing, and I would like a picture of the clips that hold the over mats and clip into the original carpet clips - if you see what I mean;
    P38 carpet fixing.-carpet-fixing-pic-002-edit.jpg

The original carpet clips are square and there must be a second clip that goes into the original clip, to hold the over mat. In other cars that I have had the fixing would usually have a turning head which goes into a round plastic receiver on the over mat, and then turns to hold the over mat down.

As I haven't seen the clips for the P38 I have no idea how the over mat is held down.

Pierre3.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: P38 carpet fixing.

Mine are not square, but here are some photos.....
    The part that goes into the carpet is a big sort of auger screw. The piece on the over rug is just a hole that accepts the post clip from the carpet Shown in the "attached" state. Does this help to make sense?
    P38 carpet fixing.-imgp0166.jpgP38 carpet fixing.-imgp0163.jpg

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: P38 carpet fixing.

I kind of understand your pictures. I presume that the first picture is the equivalent of my square fitting, and in both cases the clip screws into the original carpet.

The difference looks to be that, in your first picture, the narrow spring clip section sticks up, and the round clip, in the second picture, sits over the clip in the first picture. I could imagine that the clips, in the first picture, would be very easy to break as they are quite thin and are just sticking up. The square ones in my car are more solid, being square, and are not affected when you stand on them.

Unfortunately, I can't find any information that describes, or refers, or pictures, how the over mat is held in position with the square fixing. Nobody that I have spoken to has any knowledge of these fixings and yet they must have been fitted to other 2001 P38's. I'm sure that my vehicle isn't that unique !!!

My search continues, but very many thanks for the pictures.

Pierre3.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now