Fixing HVAC faults and HVAC display replace
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fixing HVAC faults and HVAC display replace

Fixing HVAC faults and HVAC display replace

Is there a good page covering repair of all these HVAC faults I have, or are they each their own little nightmare?

Also need to get a new controller unit (I think) to get an LED screen that has all of the bars working. For me an 8 looks like a 6, etc. Also getting "nl" on the right if I try to go above 64 degrees.
    *Left blend door motor (s/c to 12v/other circuit)
    *Right recirculation door motor circuit fault (s/c to 12v/other circuit)
    *Heater core temp.sensor circuit (o/c or s/c to 12v)
    ---
    2001 P38 HSE 45K miles . Los Angeles, CA . old Porsches mostly, old guzzis, a mint old yamaha DT.
    Former LRs: 69 SIIA, D90, Sport SC, L322 SC
    Won the Nevada Trophy in my D90 twice back in the day

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SENIOR ROVER

Re: Fixing HVAC faults and HVAC display replace

I used a vendor on ebay by the name of "module repair" 2 years later and works well. my original unit was missing pixels and could not tell temp or fan icons, half the keys did not light etc.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/REMAN-99-02...ty!22003!US!-1
    2k p38 4.6
    95 lwb 4.6
    01 d2 4.0

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I don't think you want to get a "new" controller as they are $1400 US from Atlantic British. I have used the module repair guy and that works. You can get display repair bits from Marty_nz. The blend motors probably need replacing. Various sources for these including AB. Not a fun job. The sensor is easy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Fixing HVAC faults and HVAC display replace

Ordered core temp sensor. Also found the replacement strip to reconnect the screen, figure I'll DIY that. The vents seem to change normally with buttons selecting around so maybe I'll just leave those until/if the blends become unsatisfactory. Or maybe my recirc doesn't work, but I'm not behind diesel trucks that often.
    ---
    2001 P38 HSE 45K miles . Los Angeles, CA . old Porsches mostly, old guzzis, a mint old yamaha DT.
    Former LRs: 69 SIIA, D90, Sport SC, L322 SC
    Won the Nevada Trophy in my D90 twice back in the day

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now