Interior switch bulb replacement.
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interior switch bulb replacement.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Interior switch bulb replacement.

Hi, I wonder whether anyone has a more recent supplier of the small wedge base bulbs for units such as the centre window/sunroof/mirror panel, and the reading lights etc. etc.

I read through some old posts and threads and there was mention of a company who made the 1.2 watt bulbs called ERA, but I can't find a website for them. Do they still exist ?

I will try Radionics, as well, as there is a branch near me.

Why do sites like Britparts list the bulbs with a bulb and base ? If I replace the small green covered bulb in the centre window switch panel then all I want is a small 1.2 watt bulb, I don't need the base.

Any suggestions, perhaps ?

Pierre3.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

Re: Interior switch bulb replacement.

The bulb and holder come as one piece, the bulb itself isn't removable which is why they are always listed as bulb and base. For the switches, green ones are STC1878, orange are STC1877 but these aren't the 1.2W ones, they are tiny, the 1.2W ones are RTC3635 but are also known as type 286 (see https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co....98/category/91) and should be available from any half decent motor factors.
    96 4.6HSE
    98 4.0 Police spec
    and a number of others I maintain for the owners.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hi, thanks for the part numbers.

The bulbs withe holders - where do they fit ? Does the whole unit unplug and a new one with the base plugged back in ?

I have the window switch panel out at the moment and I see that you can just unplug the wedge bulb from the pre-wired base. Is this bulb the one named RTC3635 ?

I looked at the overhead main light fitting and the reading light bulbs seem to be 12v 5w, these appear to be a standard wedge bulb, but I don't know the bulb number. Is it a clear version of STC1878 ?

Pierre3.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

The LR part number for the clear 5W wedge bulbs is 570829 but they are just standard 5W wedge bulbs the same as in the front sidelights and used in numerous cars. STC1878 is the tiny green bulb that fits inside the dash pushbutton switches so they light up with the panel lights, the orange versions (STC1877) are for switches that light up orange when whatever they control is switched on (like the front foglight switch and EAS inhibit switch). Yes, the whole thing unplugs, twist anticlockwise to remove them but be very careful as they are so small they are easily lost when you drop them on the floor......
    96 4.6HSE
    98 4.0 Police spec
    and a number of others I maintain for the owners.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Many thanks for the explanation. I must get a couple of spares, especially to allow for dropping some inside the dashboard

In an old Isuzu Trooper that I had I think there was a collection of small bulbs, small tools, nuts and bolts, and possibly my daughters cat behind the dashboard when I sold that.

Pierre3.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now