Fuses.
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

Thread: Fuses.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Fuses.

Hi, I am back on the forum looking for further help !

Could some-one perhaps tell me where I can find the fuse that controls the front interior lights, in the roof, just by the rear view mirror -

Fuses.-interior-light-fitting.jpg

One of the pins on the plug has broken off and it caused a quick short in the plug and now none of the interior lights are working, so I suppose that the short has tripped a fuse. I looked at the fuses under the drivers seat, numbers 1 and 15, both of which seem to have some connection to the interior lights but both fuses are OK.

Fuse 1, 10 amp, is for the instrument console, but it isn't that fuse.

Fuse 15, 20 amp, is for the interior lights, but that fuse is OK, as well.

Maybe there is another fuse somewhere that I didn't think is for the main interior lights.

Pierre3.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Fuses.

As I can't find the edit icon, and I can't delete the thread, I will answer my own thread. The centre interior light is now working again, why, I don't know. I had locked the car and after about an hour I had to get something from in the car so I disarmed the alarm, opened the door, and hey, presto, the door light is working again.

Perhaps there is just a self-resetable thermal switch somewhere.

Pierre3.

JUNIOR ROVER

Possible they work from the becm , and removing the short allowed it to work again..

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hi, I think that you may be right. If a short happens the PLC cuts the circuit until it sees the short removed, and then restores the circuit. It would make sense to some degree.

Pierre3.

JUNIOR ROVER

It does. If the BeCM detects a short on a circuit, it cuts power to that circuit until the short is cleared. I connected a 55W beacon to one of the rear sidelight circuits when I had a big trailer on the back. The dash beeped at me and showed rear sidelight bulb blown and that circuit went out. As soon as I disconnected the beacon it was all back to normal. I suspect it saw the short as a blown bulb so cut power to protect itself. Unlike the interior lights the main beam, dip and sidelight circuits don't have fuses, they rely on the BeCM to control them.
    96 4.6HSE
    98 4.0 Police spec
    and a number of others I maintain for the owners.

If you hold the button(dome light) for 5 seconds it turns the interior lights on/off. Usefull if doing alot of work on the car. I have since put all leds so I can leave it on all the time now.
    Good Luck
    1997 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
    1985 Chevy Corvette 5.7 TPI
    Nano Evolution II(fixes=paid for itself)
    4x SrS reset with nano
    P0183 changed fuel temp sensor OK
    P1179 cleaned maf with maf cleaner OK
    P1314 reset CEL OK (was going thru large puddles when CEL went on).
    Service Engine reset/Adaptive values reset

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks for the information. It's this sort of information that stops the cold sweats when all the lights suddenly go out and yet the fuse that may be the right one is still intact .

Pierre3.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now