Intermittent Wiper Fix
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intermittent Wiper Fix

FRESHMAN ROVER

Intermittent Wiper Fix

After cursing the rain sensor for over a year (delay was always too short or too long) I discovered that I don't have a rain sensor and therefore I had a fault with the intermittent wipers. As you might have guessed it turned out to be a dirty potentiometer track in the switch. Glory be the switch is easy enough to get out and is even screwed together. Unfortunately the wiper support is held onto it's shaft by one of those spring clips that are almost impossible to remove without breaking the shaft and I failed again. There was just enough shaft left to hold the clip so I was lucky. A quick squirt of contact cleaner and a dab with a piece of kitchen towel and I have useful delay settings again. If you want to check the pot it is on pin 3 of the switch and ground is pin 6. The readings I get are around 2K, 4k, 8K, 16K, 32K at the 5 positions.

Intermittent Wiper Fix-img_20190619_092635427_hdr.jpgIntermittent Wiper Fix-img_20190619_092646363.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

Re: Intermittent Wiper Fix

You don't usually need to take it apart, just squirt switch cleaner down the side of the switch and work it back and forth a few times is usually enough.
    96 4.6HSE
    98 4.0 Police spec
    and a number of others I maintain for the owners.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now