Heat insulation replacement.
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heat insulation replacement.

Heat insulation replacement.

Hi i drive a RHD '98 4.6, ive noticed that the heat shield insulation on the underside of the car has deteriorated somewhat. It's the insulation on the body which shields aginst the exhaust, not the exhaust manifold heat shields. Can this be bought new? Does anyone know the actual name/part number? or can it be removed and left off? thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heat insulation replacement.-20190608_151241_1560042050159.jpg   Heat insulation replacement.-20190608_151215_1560042063486.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FOUNDING MEMBER

Re: Heat insulation replacement.

Plenty of self adhesive automotive heat shield material on the market from the simple relatively cheap aluminium foil type to the more expensive modern higher performance versions that contain ceramic material. Use google, Amazon or eBay to find sheets of the stuff.

Remove old flaking heat shield material, thoroughly clean surface, cut new stuff to fit, remove backing, stick it on, job’s a good ‘un. Simples.
    2001 Vogue . . . . . . and, yes, I do own the road!

cheers mate. yeah I've seen some that look pretry easy to cut to size and just stick on. i reckon that's the go, as the old stuff is flaky and probably losing it's effect. i wonder if it's flammable while flaky? the under bonnet/hood insulation is flammable once flaky and exposed. it burnt really well, so i ripped it out.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now