Range Rover Bordeaux.
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Range Rover Bordeaux.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Range Rover Bordeaux.

Hi, I have not come across the RR Bordeaux model before, and I wonder whether anyone might explain how you can tell if you have one ?

I recently bought a 2.5 DHSE, 2001, in Monte Carlo blue and when my insurance guy looked up the reg. number it has come back as "Land Rover Range Rover Bordeaux DT". The V5C just says "Range Rover DHSE Auto".

Is this one of the strange cases where the records don't match, depending on who sent what information to the DVLA ?

I did see it once before on a 1981 Mercedes W126 that I owned, where the DVLA description was not quite the same as the V5C. This could have been something that occurred because the W126 had just been introduced to supersede the previous W116.

Could the same thing have happened here as my vehicle is June 2001, perhaps close to the introduction of the Series 3 L322 ?

Just interested, really.

Pierre3.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

Re: Range Rover Bordeaux.

V5 is correct. The DHSE was the diesel HSE spec (leather, electric seats, headlamp wipers, etc), while the DT was the base model diesel. The Bordeaux was a limited edition which had the HSE trim but was painted Bordeaux red with lightstone interior with red piping on the seats and red carpets. So there would never have been a Bordeaux DT and unless your car has had a complete respray along with a change of interior, it never was a Bordeaux. DVLA records will match the V5C but the info on the insurance database is wrong.
    96 4.6HSE
    98 4.0 Police spec
    and a number of others I maintain for the owners.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hi,thanks for the reply and the concise explanation. I can say with confidence [but never with 100% certainty] that my vehicle has not been resprayed, and the manufacturer plate is in perfect condition under the bonnet. I will go out later and check the paint code number, but I would imagine that it is correct.

The seat edging is the exact match to the paint and I wouldn't imagine someone going to all that trouble unless it was done years ago when there was still a lot of value in the vehicle.

Interestingly, there was a metallic red P38 sold at the Historics auction at Mercedes World a couple of weeks ago. However it wasn't described as a Bordeaux model. It sold for £15,600, probably based on a mileage of 24,000 miles. But the MOT history was quite poor as it appeared to fail the test most years. I suspect that that may have been due to being left standing and not being driven.

Pierre3.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

If you mean this one, https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/a...itre-dse-p38a/ it isn't described as a Bordeaux as it isn't. It's simply an early (96 model) DSE (so the same trim spec as an SE rather than the HSE trim you have) in Rioja Red with Lightstone interior. The Bordeaux was a later edition in 2000 or 2001. Interestingly one of my cars is a 1996 4.6HSE registered as N352MPV so almost certainly out of the same batch and from the same original supplying dealer. Mines got 187,000 miles on it though so isn't in quite the same cosmetic condition but I suspect in better mechanical condition as everything that deteriorates with age rather than mileage has been replaced. I would say whoever bought that one at that price paid well over the odds, there's far too many things that benefit from use, as well as things (like anything made of rubber) that won't like being left.
    96 4.6HSE
    98 4.0 Police spec
    and a number of others I maintain for the owners.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I absolutely agree with you about not using the car, as you say rubber bushes and stuff like that hardens when not used and then falls to pieces !! Better to have a big mileage with a good service history than a very low mileage with no regular services.

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to look through the Historics catalogue to see if the vehicle that you mention is the same one in the Historics auction. From what I remember it was around 1998 or 1999, a 2.5 DSE, but could have been 1996.

Pierre3.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now