EAS problem
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EAS problem

SOPHOMORE ROVER

EAS problem

Gents,

Driving on the highway this morning, once of a sudden 2 beeps and the display says max 55kph.

When I connect the Nanocom the only message I get is can't communicate with ECU, the EAS does nothing, no pump running, when I open the doors she doesn't level herself, the ride height can't be changed, EAS is completely dead..

Fuses and relays are good.

Does this mean the ECU is stuffed? Where is it located?

Thanks for any advice

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: EAS problem

Problem solved...

Turns out it is the timer relay, I don't have a timer relay, but I found something via the net here on the forum, 2 birds with one stone, because what's in this post was annoying me too.

https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/7-...-easy-way.html

JUNIOR ROVER

With a 4 pin relay instead of the timer, you can't connect to the ECU. One of the downsides of that mod, sooner or later the timer relay gets lost, a fault appears and you can't do anything about it.
    96 4.6HSE
    98 4.0 Police spec
    and a number of others I maintain for the owners.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_G View Post
    With a 4 pin relay instead of the timer, you can't connect to the ECU. One of the downsides of that mod, sooner or later the timer relay gets lost, a fault appears and you can't do anything about it.
    I know, but for now it's going again

The best mod of all time - and all for $5.95. GOLD.

https://www.techbrands.com/store/product/sy4070.aspx is the part Australian users need but that relay appears to be available widely.

Perhaps a new sticky thread on the top of the page with tried and tested modifications; I would definitely put this and the four Schrader valve EAS manual pump up modification in there.
    Vehicle is a 2000 Vogue.

JUNIOR ROVER

But that relay is a simple 5 pin changeover relay (the same as the green ones in the fusebox), you only need a 4 pin but with either you still can't connect diagnostics without the timer relay. Rather than fitting 4 Schrader valves on Tees, it's better to just keep them in the glovebox to be fitted if needed rather than add 16 further potential leak points.
    96 4.6HSE
    98 4.0 Police spec
    and a number of others I maintain for the owners.

I agree Richard, I keep schradervalves in the cubby and not connected with T's. Doesn't take long to use in an emergency, and a lot less fittings that can leak.
    As for the timer relay, I keep that with my Rovacom, so I'm never caught without, eiter for my own cars or for a customer. And if need be, you can still use diagnostics with a standard relay, by cycling the ignition to mimic the on/off effect.

Filip
    4.0 SE manual, 1997, 'Priscilla': current daily
    4.0 SE manual, 1995, 'Piper', built for offroad with tuned 4.6 on MS: lost in fire
    4.6 SE auto, 1995, 'Prue': awaiting attention
    2.5 DT manual, 1996, 'Paige': retired and stripped
    D90 TD5, 2005, 'Nessie' TR2 racer: sold

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Is that timer relay not sold new anymore?

Only can find 2nd hand ones..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now