Range Rovers Forum banner

Front seat bottom - can they be swapped left to right?

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dave3d 
#1 ·
Greetings all on this auspicious weekend.

I would like to reverse the aging process of my driver and passenger seat bottoms, they have the usual wear on the outside from climbing in and out. So if I flip them, the outside of the passenger would become the inside of the driver, and so forth.

Does anyone know if they are interchangeable? Just the cover/leather, and the foam would be ideal to swap as well.

Car seat cover Vehicle Car seat Car Luxury vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
ps here's what I've done to the car in the last month to start the recommissioning...just so you don't think I'm a cosmetics freak. ;)

45,345 Miles

• Replace 4 shocks, Boge
  • Adjust throttle and cruise cables
  • Clean radiators
  • Replace power steering fluid Dex III, adjust steering box play
  • change oil and filter. Castrol GTX 10w40 semi synth
  • Replace diff oils, Lucas synth (front diff leaking at case RTV - check breather hose)
  • replace struts glove box and center console
  • Replace new Gen drag link
  • Replace new Gen track rod, align wheels 1mm toe-out
  • Replace tires, Michelin Defender LTX
  • Greased prop shafts (very dry)
  • Clear sunroof drains
  • Replace sunroof glass seal Gen
  • Upgraded main, high and fog bulbs to 100w each (halogen, hella)
  • Straighten rear bumper mounts and replace moldings
  • New pollen filters and new caps/seals Gen
  • New air filter Gen
  • Replaced passenger side rear door courtesy lamp (disintegrated plastic)
  • Remove roof rack, remove roof channel trims, cleaned and lubricate rack slides, refit

#3 ·
Yes, the seat bottoms are interchangeable but rather than go to the trouble of swapping just the leather and foam, you can swap the whole assembly. 4 Torx headed bolts and two plastic tensioning strips at the back where the base joins the back.

#5 ·
Thanks for asking the question! And Richard, Thanks for the confirmation.
I was pondering the very same thing just last week!
Also, I have passed up any number of perfect passenger squabs of the correct colour over the years. Not next time!
Off to the wreckers!

#6 ·
Wires did not get hot like that, especially enough to melt themselves, the fusebox or the fuses. Will keep an eye (nose) out though.

#7 ·
I swapped my seats over for the same reason .... so the worn outside edge of the seat ends up on the inside. The arm rests and seat belt anchorage points also have to be swapped over as well to opposite sides. It is a straight forward job. I have also had the seats out again just recently to repair the seat heating elements and I took the opportunity to put some extra foam in the seat sides. I had to take the seat base apart and ended up doing some stitching repairs. Leather seats are not made of all leather.

I would also wire your upgraded lights through relays to take the load off the BECM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.