Range Rovers Forum banner

Central locking not working

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Richard_G 
#1 ·
My ‘97 HSE central locking is not working (along with windows, sunroof and mirrors) via the key fob, or the key itself, it’s like there is no central locking at all, and different to many posts where owners mention partionally function systems. In my case there is nothing, no whining, clicking or clunking. If my BeCM is locked out would this be the cause?

Looking for advise on trouble shooting.

#3 ·
When you take the key out of the ignition, do you still get the message in the display it's in?

If yes, take out your ignition barrel and clean it, spray brake cleaner in it and blow it out with an airgun, no lubrication afterwards, because dirt sticks to it.

Doesn't the CL work at al, or just the remote? If just the remote, than check what I wrote

#6 ·
I'll translate that last post for you, have you checked under the right hand parcel shelf to see if the remote receiver is plugged in.

You say the central locking does nothing but does it do anything when you are sitting in the car and push the button on the door down? Try it with both front doors. If it is a faulty drivers door latch it should still work from the passenger door. Does the engine start?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.