EAS connection at the tank - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: EAS connection at the tank

JUNIOR ROVER

Re: EAS connection at the tank

With EAS at standard height and without any faults, removed EAS pump relay and connected it directly.
    Pump kept running (engine idling) and after 3 1/2 mts car suddenly went to off road height. the EAS switch top LED blinking and the instrument cluster showing the EAS light. stopped the pump fearing an air bag blow out.
    Afterwards, pushed the switch to standard height and car slowly dropped to that height, no error messages. all back to normal.
    May be tank input line is partially blocked shifting pump are to all 4 wheels. Can someone explain this please?
    P38 - 1997 2.5 DSE
    CLASSIC - 1982 ,2.4 VM DIESEL(In complete Project-sold)
    TOYOTA CORSA -1998, 1.5 TURBO DIESEL (sold)

Haven't heard of Murphy's Law, go buy a RANGE ROVER.!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by kapilamuni View Post
    May be tank input line is partially blocked shifting pump are to all 4 wheels. Can someone explain this please?
    Your description of events doesn't provide enough information. So you ran 12V to the pump and ran it? Did you completely bypass the pressure switch that would keep from over pressure? Seems like a bad plan. I guess you had set the EAS to high mode and had all the doors shut so your were pressurizing the entire system? The pump is connected to the tank high pressure circuit. The airbags only fill when the valve block solenoids are open. The solenoids only open when the actual height doesn't match the requested height from the ECU which is either a standard height or something higher if you switched it on the dash. If you have a situation where the system doesn't seem to be following its own programmed logic, it typically point to a bad Driver Block. But you aren't really explaining the situation well enough to understand.
    If you are simply trying to confirm that your compressor and tank are operating correctly, you would allow the pump to run with a door open preventing the solenoids from opening to adjust the height. In this situation, the compressor would pressurize the tank to around 140 psi and shut off. Then when you shut the door, there should be plenty of air to raise to whatever height you want. That's what the tank does, supply immediate air to do whatever is requested. The compressor keep the tank full, replenishing air already used for adjustments.
    '99 Range Rover HSE
    '02 Audi S6

JUNIOR ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal RR View Post
    Your description of events doesn't provide enough information.
    So you ran 12V to the pump and ran it? yes.
    Did you completely bypass the pressure switch that would keep from over pressure? just removed the relay & connect the pump direct. no idea about the pressure sw.
    Seems like a bad plan.
    I guess you had set the EAS to high mode - no. it was on standard height.
    and had all the doors shut - yes. but even with a door open, after about 4 minutes of pumping car goes to off road height and starts blinking the top most LED on the switch.
    so your were pressurizing the entire system? no idea.
    The pump is connected to the tank high pressure circuit. The airbags only fill when the valve block solenoids are open. The solenoids only open when the actual height doesn't match the requested height from the ECU which is either a standard height or something higher if you switched it on the dash. If you have a situation where the system doesn't seem to be following its own programmed logic, it typically point to a bad Driver Block. But you aren't really explaining the situation well enough to understand.- I'm no expert and whatever I know learnt from this site. My basic issue is whenever the car is lowered, manually or automatically, it won't rise back even with a full tank.

If you are simply trying to confirm that your compressor and tank are operating correctly, you would allow the pump to run with a door open preventing the solenoids from opening to adjust the height. In this situation, the compressor would pressurize the tank to around 140 psi and shut off. Then when you shut the door, there should be plenty of air to raise to whatever height you want. That's what the tank does, supply immediate air to do whatever is requested. The compressor keep the tank full, replenishing air already used for adjustments.-
    my system does not do this.
    I have tried few times operating the pump manually with EAS at standard height , no faults (with door open/ closed)
    and every time after 4 minutes , car moves to off road height & starts blinking the top most LED in the switch with instrument cluster EAS light. Then I stop the pump. Each time I press the switch down to standard height and the car settles at that, no faults.
    P38 - 1997 2.5 DSE
    CLASSIC - 1982 ,2.4 VM DIESEL(In complete Project-sold)
    TOYOTA CORSA -1998, 1.5 TURBO DIESEL (sold)

Haven't heard of Murphy's Law, go buy a RANGE ROVER.!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

The only way you can raise when the door is open is to bypass the door switches and energize the valve block solenoids that allow air flow. This shouldn't happen nor should the compressor shut off before you get to 140-ish psi in the tank. I would replace the relay and go to connector C117 under the seat plugged into the EAS ECU. The main page has instructions and RAVE has a pinout. From there, you can run the compressor and check the pressure switch and thermal cutoff switch pin for 12v to find out what is shutting off your compressor. You have multiple things happening that shouldn't so you either have voltage in the wrong place or internal issues allowing air to follow the wrong path. Along with a 12v test light and jumper wires, it might make sense for you to plumb in a pressure gauge into the tank line to see when the pump is shutting down.
    '99 Range Rover HSE
    '02 Audi S6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now