I'm about to give up on EAS - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I'm about to give up on EAS

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: I'm about to give up on EAS

It could be the height sensors giving a duff reading at standard height due to internal wear at the most commonly used height. The sensor is effectively a potentiometer, so through fair wear and tear, it's possible that the internal components will wear to that extent.
    Cheers,
    John

Rover P6B
    Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5 Manual
    Range Rover P38 HSE GEMS
    Moto Guzzi LeMans 850
    Aprilia Tuono V2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnoK View Post
    It could be the height sensors giving a duff reading at standard height due to internal wear at the most commonly used height. The sensor is effectively a potentiometer, so through fair wear and tear, it's possible that the internal components will wear to that extent.
    I suspect you are correct. I let the truck idle yesterday and could hear the solenoids click clacking away every 10-20 seconds.

I also left the truck in standard height, door open, every corner is within 1-2 mm after 24 hours.

I think I will take it to the dealer to have the sensors re-calibrated, should they say one of the sensors is knackered (even though I have no fault codes indicating that). What is the best brand? OEM?

I found these cheap chinese ones -> https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANR4686-ANR...kAAOSweTlcj~bu

Anyone try them? After all the sensors are just a potentiometer.... how badly could the chinese mess it up?
    2001 4.6 HSE

The Deaaaaaler??
    They need to have an old guy who is trained on the P-38 EAS on staff and a working Testbook. Kinda rare these days....
    They will charge you about the same as the purchase price of a Nanocom, and in the end, if they do somehow find the sensors are bad, you will install your CCC sensors and need to bring it back for re- re-calibration.....
    If you feel like a drive to Oakley, I would be happy to use the Nano on it and read the numbers in real time.
    We could also re calibrate the height to just a bit higher or lower to avoid the potential flat spots on the sensors.......
    1952 Austin Champ (Hawaii)
    1953 Austin Champ (Australia)
    1985 Classic w/ Tdi300 (Australia)
    1999 4.6 HSE, White Gold "Stitch" (Wife's Daily Driver) Sold to a new enthusiast!
    2002 4.6 HSE, White "Bolt" Hawaii Daily driver (Stored in the shed for now)
    2002 4.6 HSE Borrego Yellow "Digby" West Coast cruiser and official Boat Car.
    On springs, but not for long!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    The Deaaaaaler??
    They need to have an old guy who is trained on the P-38 EAS on staff and a working Testbook. Kinda rare these days....
    They will charge you about the same as the purchase price of a Nanocom, and in the end, if they do somehow find the sensors are bad, you will install your CCC sensors and need to bring it back for re- re-calibration.....
    If you feel like a drive to Oakley, I would be happy to use the Nano on it and read the numbers in real time.
    We could also re calibrate the height to just a bit higher or lower to avoid the potential flat spots on the sensors.......
    With an offer like that, who could refuse? What is your drink of choice my good sir, because there is no way I'm letting you help me out like this for free
    2001 4.6 HSE

JUNIOR ROVER

Why your with bolt, your learn a lot in a short time, the eas is most probably one of the most infuriating parts on a p38, but once you understand it, it’s easy, another thing I would do, is remove the connectors behind the kick panels, solder and heat shield, eliminates many problems

I like a nice IPA.............I will PM my contact number.
    We shall see what we can see....
    Cheers!
    1952 Austin Champ (Hawaii)
    1953 Austin Champ (Australia)
    1985 Classic w/ Tdi300 (Australia)
    1999 4.6 HSE, White Gold "Stitch" (Wife's Daily Driver) Sold to a new enthusiast!
    2002 4.6 HSE, White "Bolt" Hawaii Daily driver (Stored in the shed for now)
    2002 4.6 HSE Borrego Yellow "Digby" West Coast cruiser and official Boat Car.
    On springs, but not for long!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now