air suspension
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: air suspension

FRESHMAN ROVER

Question air suspension

i have fitted 2 new air springs to my p38 and went through the whole system for leaks and found i am getting no fault cdes but when parked up overnight it drops but when it is parked over night in high position it stays there. any idea why regards

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: air suspension

Possibly one of the other 2 bags has a leak?
    Not unusual to have this behavior, as in high the bags are stretched taut, and a small crack which would be present in a wrinkle of a slightly deflated bag will be closed up when it is fully inflated. Soap test the other 2 bags in lower positions.
    What code reader are you using?
    It is helpful for us all to know your location, and year of your beast........
    1952 Austin Champ (Hawaii)
    1953 Austin Champ (Australia)
    1985 Classic w/ Tdi300 (Australia)
    2002 4.6 HSE, White "Bolt" Hawaii Daily driver. Now the "Boat Car" here on the West Coast
    2002 4.6 HSE Borrego Yellow "Digby" Wife has absconded with Borrego as the Dog Taxi

because you missed a leak... the system does not monitor leaks thus no fault codes. parking in wading mode will simply close the cracks that are leaking. you have to check for leaks from normal to motorway setting. Do so by leveling out at norma height slowly set the hand brake until the brake dash light comes on. set the EAS height switch to access, release the hand and immediately set it again. you will have lowered a tiny bit.

Which bags did you change?
    When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
    When dealing others, act with your heart.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

i replaced the front 2 last year and checked them as all the rest of connections but could not spot any leak and also i have discovered my compressor keeps running pemanently when it has reachedthe set level

FRESHMAN ROVER

does any one out there know where i can send my eas block away to in the uk to have seals replaced preferably near southampton. cheers.

do it yourself, there are existing step by step instructions available.
    When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
    When dealing others, act with your heart.

JUNIOR ROVER

It sounds as though the compressor seal is about shot if it runs all the time. It is probably generating enough pressure to get the car to rise but not enough to get the reservoir up to full pressure and cause it to switch off. If you've replaced the fronts but not the rears, that is likely where your leak is, I've always found rears go first with fronts a couple of years later. As it has been dropping that will have caused the compressor to run far more than it was designed to do so will wear it pretty quickly. As for rebuilding the valve block, it is a simple job that can be done on the dining room table. All you are doing is taking it apart, taking out the old O rings and fitting new ones. Do it methodically and it's no more than a couple of hours work and as it is all Allen bolts into aluminium that has been kept in the warm and dry, there's nothing that will seize up and cause you any problems.
    96 4.6HSE
    98 4.0 Police spec
    and a number of others I maintain for the owners.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now