New keys and remotes - might be a useful solution?
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New keys and remotes - might be a useful solution?

FRESHMAN ROVER

New keys and remotes - might be a useful solution?

I've been following the threads on keyless entry with interest - it looks as though getting replacement remote key fobs is a bit of a problem outside the UK now. For those of us in the UK the situation is still not ideal as it seems that Land Rover now require a signed disclaimer in case replacement keys from them don't work. I wonder if this might be a useful solution:

https://crnw.co.uk/index.html

For those outside the UK it might be worth asking if he will post internationally?

I'm in the process of giving him a try and will keep the thread updated as I go along.

The following is a copy and paste off one of their ebay listings here in the UK

We can supply the replacement remote key (As pictured) which is functionally completely compatible with the OE folding key (upper), and features:
    • On-PCB RF transponder feature, just like the original.
    • Silca (Italian) manufactured key blade
    • Much improved ‘resynchronisation’ process – will resync to cars even when the original key won’t. See details later on in this document
    Ordering Process
    Firstly, P38 Range Rovers do not support a diagnostic ‘Key Learn’ process. The official Landrover process is to order a new key from a VIN, however, we can provide an alternative
    to this.Four situations exist:

1. You have a key available, which still operates the car, even if only on one button, or unreliably.
    2. You have a key available, which still transmits RF, but does not operate the car, usually after a battery change, either in the key or on the car
    3. You have a key available, which no longer transmits RF, and so doesn’t disarm the car.
    4. No key is present.

Situation 1 - You have a key available, which still operates the car, even if only on one button. Level of difficulty is easy. Chances of success are almost 100%. You do not have to part with his key. Process is as follows:

We can send you a data recorded this will record your keys codes which will be Programmed to your new key.

Situation 2 - You have a key available, which still transmits RF, but does not operate the car, usually after a battery change, either in the key or on the car Level of difficulty is easy. Chances of success are good, but not 100%. We will always refund keys that are returned as ‘unable to resync’.

Our key has Active Resynchronisation Mode. This allows the key to be resynchronised without knowledge of the EKA, and even with a failed door lock or associated microswitches. Ordering process is the same as above.

Situation 3 - You have a key available, which no longer transmits RF, and so doesn’t disarm the car.
    Level of difficulty is more advanced. Chances of success are smaller, but as the remote isn’t working already, you have nothing to lose apart from time. Generally, if the key isn’t functioning at all, either the battery contacts have failed, or there is an internal problem on the remote’s PCB. Note that the key’s case is sealed,
    so that any repair that involves opening the case is likely to be tricky. If the battery contacts are suspected, it may be possible to wire a 6 Volt supply into the back of the remote in order to make it transmit. The photo shows the correct locations. Don’t attempt this unless you have some competence in this area. If the key can be made to transmit, even briefly, and ‘on the bench’, the the RF Data Recorder can be used to record a few transmissions.

Situation 4 - No key is present.
    The level of difficulty here is high, and the amount of time that you may need to spend if this is the case, is large – probably half a day.
    The success rate is fairly good, it is possible to obtain the codes from Land Rover or we would need to remove the BeCM to extract the codes, which if needed can be done via the postal service.

CAUTION REMEMBER SITUATION 4 IS GREATLY DEPENDANT TO WEATHER YOUR VEHICLE STILL HAS ITS ORIGINAL BeCM, IF A SECOND HAND UNIT IS IN YOUR VEHICLE THEN THE ONLY WAY FORWARD IS TO REMOVE THE UNIT AND SEND IT TO US.

Please note there may be a second postal charge if we need to resend any items

Last edited by RRToadHall; January 31st, 2019 at 12:04 PM.
    2000 4.6 HSE RHD

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

Re: New keys and remotes - might be a useful solution?

Basically all there offering is a key cloning service, which I’m quite sure that more than one person can do, I know that martynz and sloth are both working on programming new keys, so your not stuck with just 1 key, won’t be long and there be up and running I’m sure..

Interesting......I did a search of eBay UK and the listing did not come up.
    How about a link to the listing?
    Their web site also failed to mention the new "Wonder Fob"......?
    It would be nice to be able to source NAS frequency Fobs, and if these folks have done all the hard work to hack the RR fob, they would logically have an NAS product?
    I would happily be a guinea pig and try one out here......
    Perhaps I will ring them this evening and have a chat.
    Thanks for posting this.
    I am also optimistic that Marty and Co will come up with a solution as well.......If we can keep him from his day job!
    1952 Austin Champ (Hawaii)
    1953 Austin Champ (Australia)
    1985 Classic w/ Tdi300 (Australia)
    2002 4.6 HSE, White "Bolt" Hawaii Daily driver. Now the "Boat Car" here on the West Coast
    2002 4.6 HSE Borrego Yellow "Digby" Wife has absconded with Borrego as the Dog Taxi

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Ah.....
    Another search turned up his posting on eBay.
    Will contact him to see about NAS frequency fob.
    Cheers!
    2002 4.6 HSE, White "Bolt" Hawaii Daily driver. Now the "Boat Car" here on the West Coast
    2002 4.6 HSE Borrego Yellow "Digby" Wife has absconded with Borrego as the Dog Taxi

JUNIOR ROVER

#bolt, if you found the bay listing, perhaps post the link ?

FRESHMAN ROVER

2000 4.6 HSE RHD

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by chris no 10 View Post
    Basically all there offering is a key cloning service, which I’m quite sure that more than one person can do, I know that martynz and sloth are both working on programming new keys, so your not stuck with just 1 key, won’t be long and there be up and running I’m sure..
    I hope that I am not treading on any toes by posting this link? I quite understand that there will be more than one person in the world who can come up with a solution for any objective and I'm sure that others will be able to match this sort of product very capably in due time.
    All the best!
    2000 4.6 HSE RHD

FRESHMAN ROVER

I contacted them via eBay message. I asked about doing this for the NAS market. This is their response:

Hi

I can do 315MHZ which will operate your vehicle but I'm unsure if they are FSS compliant!?

Thank you for your custom,
    Any issues please give us the chance to resolve before going to eBay.

Classic Rides North Wales
    Old Tyn Llan Pottery
    Penmorfa
    Gwynedd
    LL49 9SG

2001 P38 4.6 HSE, Kent Green/Light Stone

JUNIOR ROVER

Presumably he means FCC and I would have thought if he has a source of 315 MHz keys then they will be as only the US uses 315 MHz.
    96 4.6HSE
    98 4.0 Police spec
    and a number of others I maintain for the owners.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I've placed an order. Apparently they will send me a "grabber" to take the signal from my existing working fob. I then return that to them so they will program the new fob. Once I get the new fob I will report back. I'm sure it will be a few weeks. Thought I'd take one for the team.

Thanks,
    I have been corresponding as well, and it seems he can supply NAS 315mhz fobs from 1 to 4 as long as you can give him the fob codes (need an unlocked Becm)
    Yes, he meant FCC, as he is concerned that his fobs would be a problem with them.......Improbable.
    Since you have pulled the pin first, I will let you be the early adopter. I have 2 fobs for Bolt, and one for the Borrego, so will want a second for that.
    This is a very welcome development, should it pan out as it seems!
    Cheers!

FRESHMAN ROVER

2 grabbers on order here too - one for a UK spec and one for a Japanese Market Rover. It all looks very hopeful so far

Bolt: interesting choice of nick - my other half has a Series 2a called Bolt as well. It was purchased to get her to work in the snow but immediately it became obvious that it would be used all year round and it now sports a winch for regular green lane trips. Just as the Range Rover was marketed as the "car for all reasons" the 2a is her car for all seasons. Hence the name - Robert Bolt wrote "A Man for all Seasons" and with a 2.25 petrol engine the little Rover does anything but bolt......
    2000 4.6 HSE RHD

Quote Originally Posted by Sitomagus View Post
    2 grabbers on order here too - one for a UK spec and one for a Japanese Market Rover. It all looks very hopeful so far

Bolt: interesting choice of nick - my other half has a Series 2a called Bolt as well. It was purchased to get her to work in the snow but immediately it became obvious that it would be used all year round and it now sports a winch for regular green lane trips. Just as the Range Rover was marketed as the "car for all reasons" the 2a is her car for all seasons. Hence the name - Robert Bolt wrote "A Man for all Seasons" and with a 2.25 petrol engine the little Rover does anything but bolt......
    New fobs suddenly being available again is a truly satisfying development.......Hope the results of your orders are positive!

As for the moniker?
    I have always suspected the Brits put some thought into your vehicle naming........
    Bolt was our first P-38, and it quickly became known as the "Slightly De-Ranged Rover" by all my skeptical friends after it decided it was being stolen, and locked down stranding 4 of us in the torrential rain on the first trip I drove all of us to lunch....(learned about dancing door locks)
    For some reason, we have settled on to cartoon dogs as names for Rangies.....
    Bolt is a confused, but goodhearted character which reflects the Rangie pretty well.
    Stitch was cobbled together from 3 or 4 P-38s as far as I can tell....Stitch was an confused, stroppy ailien dog like critter in another
    cartoon. Again, a natural fit!
    Digby? If you are British, and old enough, you can work out that one
    Off topic? yea, but what the heck!
    Cheers!
    Tom

FRESHMAN ROVER

Bolt- PM sent.

I was so pleased to see this post, thank you sooo much.
    So I called Les and we had an interesting chat.
    He will supply for the 315 MHz market, no problem.
    All he needs is the FOB code which you can retrieve from your BECM or from Land Rover. And your VIN number.

It is certainly good news and if Marty has another solution, I am all for it.
    Reparando Rovers en Guanacaste! tierrafirme-lr . Click the link to see what I do with my Rovers on Sunday https://500px.com/AnnetteFlottwell/g...the-land-rover

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now