EAS - intermittend problem
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EAS - intermittend problem

EAS - intermittend problem

I'm having problems with my EAS, sometimes it fails to pump up the suspension, can last for days, sometimes it comes up after driving a while and staying all right for days, without problems. No leaks, when it's raised as i should, it stays there when parked for days, my Nanocom doesn't usually show any faults, very rarely the dash warning comes on, not always with the "slow" warning. Compressor is running, and all valves are set as they should, when I take a readout on the Nanocom.

Any of you having similar problems? Hanging valve, maybe? How can I check, can a hanging valve be 'repaired'? Other known issues?

Of course i used the search, but couldn't find any similar symptoms
    2000 P38a 2.5 TD - Now properly chipped by Reichert
    Audi A6 4A C4 Avant 2,5tdi
    BMW R80RT

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: EAS - intermittend problem

Forgot to mention the lamps at the height switch are lit or blinking, as they should. Eg. the normal height lamp is blinking, the access height lamp is lit, when it's down.
    I felt on the compressor, it's running (vibrating), and screwed off the air filter, but can feel no suction. And as it's an intermittent problem (comes and goes), I dont think the compressor is just worn out (it's about a year ago, I fittet new o-rings and seals).
    BMW R80RT

JUNIOR ROVER

When I had a similar problem like yours, it turned out that the non return diaphram inside the valve block was leaking. As a result, compressor would pump but all the air escaped out of the exhaust. Initially, the reservoir tank would fill after a very long time while the diaphram was still somewhat functioning. Eventually, the diaphram completely failed and all air exhausts out not getting any air into the reservoir.

The best way to check for this fault is to remove the silencer and see if there is air coming out of the hole from where the silencer was removed. The amount of air moving is quite small, so just placing a finger over the hole may not be enough to detect the leak. I placed a lightweight paper over the hole to determine if there was air coming out.
    02 P38
    SoCal, USA

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

The strange thing is, it's coming and going. I can drive for days without problems, and suddenly, after parking the car at for example a supermarket for half an hour, it has dropped and can't pump up again. Sometimes it rightens itself again during driving afterwards, sometimes it persists for days.
    A leaking diaphragm would leak all the time, wouldn't it?
    Electrical fault, a loose pin in a plug?
    BMW R80RT

JUNIOR ROVER

A failing non return diaphram will exhibit symptoms like what you're explaining. Sometimes, diaphram works as it should, sometimes, it doesn't.

Next time it's exhibiting this problem, take the silencer off and check for air coming out. If you don't find any air coming out, it'll be something else.
    02 P38
    SoCal, USA

FRESHMAN ROVER

From what you have said about the compressor not sucking your problem is there, when it is running it should be sucking air all the time, but this may be hard to detect as is not a direct feed to the cylinder, maybe try some smoke?

SENIOR ROVER

Fit a pressure gauge and you will be able to see what is going on.
    2000 Range Rover 2.5 DSE HP24 auto, uprated torque converter - JFearn chip, larger intercooler, removable winch, stainless exhaust, alloy radiator, Gen III's, Terrafirma +2" shocks, GG AT2's. Faultmate MSV2. Land Rover folding mountain bike with 1000W electric motor.
    ex-1996 Discovery 2.5 300Tdi diesel auto
    ex-1982 Classic 3.86 Perkins diesel manual

JUNIOR ROVER

Hi Dave,
    What is the type of pressure gauge you used? any link to buy it online is appreciated as I'm struggling with tank pressure at present.
    thanks.
    P38 - 1997 2.5 DSE
    CLASSIC - 1982 ,2.4 VM DIESEL(In complete Project-sold)
    TOYOTA CORSA -1998, 1.5 TURBO DIESEL (sold)

Haven't heard of Murphy's Law, go buy a RANGE ROVER.!

SENIOR ROVER

2000 Range Rover 2.5 DSE HP24 auto, uprated torque converter - JFearn chip, larger intercooler, removable winch, stainless exhaust, alloy radiator, Gen III's, Terrafirma +2" shocks, GG AT2's. Faultmate MSV2. Land Rover folding mountain bike with 1000W electric motor.
    ex-1996 Discovery 2.5 300Tdi diesel auto
    ex-1982 Classic 3.86 Perkins diesel manual

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now