DRIVING LIGHTS
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DRIVING LIGHTS

FRESHMAN ROVER

DRIVING LIGHTS

Ok ,just fitted some `EXTREME BRIGHT` blue lights the prob is that for about 4-5 feet infront of the car there is a criss cross effect on the floor,i think a reflection from the glass lens..however i dont recall ever seeing this before(may be just me) the thing is anyone else got this patten and moreover anyone with standard bulbs got it..i just car`nt remember if it was there before.also they were not cheep £19 each and to be honest they seem no brighter,however never had this white light before so might just be my eyes(but they say 90% brighter)??
    2001 30th Anniversary edition RR

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

Re: DRIVING LIGHTS

Do you have a link to the manufacturers web site, perhaps taken off the packaging rather than the web site of the stockist you bought them from? If not the manufacturer then the sellers site will have to do.

The suspicion is that you have been suckered, but let's see (!) a little more before being more definate

FRESHMAN ROVER

they are halfords EXTREME BRILLIANCE driving light bulbs .the criss cross effect is only there on main beem...not on dipped.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

As a ex halfords employee its the first ive heard of it. maybe its just a dicky bulb, as far as im aware the bulbs are made by ring automotive for halfords to sell.
    When i die i want to be buried in my P38 (It will save the fire brigade the job of cutting me out)

FRESHMAN ROVER

well i dont think my old bulbs did this(on main beem) it looks like the glass lens patten thrown down to the floor,but i dont know why these bulbs should do this??

Okie Dokie. I am feeling very Okie and had to check this one. I have 100+W bulbs across the board for main, dip and fog. I to have a cross hatch on floor at main beam.
    When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
    When dealing others, act with your heart.

FRESHMAN ROVER

just reading posts on `light bulb problems` there is a link off that says that bule/white/Hid bulbs throw light diff from there sorce and with halogen reflectors it gives a patten on the floor and on a like for like wattage bulb(55 to 55) the light given for drivivg is less.... this dose seem to be the case for me..PS if i incress to say 100w will this damage the wiring??

Col
    JUNIOR ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by rob evans
    PS if i incress to say 100w will this damage the wiring??
    Wouldn't think it will damage wiring but may have to uprate fuse depending on whats already fitted. Mind you I think you may find under Lighting Regulations fitting 100w bulbs would be technically illegal for use on the Public Highway in the U.K.
    Not that anybody would notice anyway except perhaps when it was in for M.O.T

Cheers
    Col

Beer is living proof God loves us and wants us to be Happy. - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Improvisation is the Mother of Invention

JUNIOR ROVER

Along time ago i put 130 watt bulbs into my Car (not a RR but thats another story) and to be honest all i found was that it eat alternators. I then went back to 100 watt bulbs and finally back to standard 55watt. What (no pun meant) i found was there was little to tell apart.
    In any case i find that the lights on a RR are well up for the job without messing around with them.
    By the by 55watt is the legal limit in the uk, some time should the extra power upset the beam it may be picked up at MOT time, with all that said truck blubs are 70 watt, but then again they are 24 volt.
    Thats my two pennies worth.
    2001 P38 Vogue

FRESHMAN ROVER

Just found out(by lots of reading)that you should not put xenon type bulb into the halogen headlight because the why it gives its light off the reflector skatters it all over the place.also said that not many are fitted to headlights with wash/wipe??? (any reason?). also if they are ok anyone got an opinion on which bulbs best(by just replacing bulb only).

FRESHMAN ROVER

Some time ago I fitted an HID kit into the outer headlights replacing the original H4s. I had a problem with a strange light pattern and got a lot of stick from other drivers, constantly flashing their lights at me. I had the beam levels checked and re-checked and they were OK so I eventually removed the HIDs and fitted the best standard 60/55 H4s I could find and was happy with that.
    I then fitted an HID kit to the inner main beam only lamps and was very pleased with the result on high beam, great lighting.
    However, on some occasions when driving at night and changing low beam to high beam, all the lights go out and the BECM does a complete reset (just like when first switching on the ignition). The lights stay off for about 3 or 4 seconds but it is really scary and dangerous. So, not wanting to risk blowing up the BECM, they are coming off and will be replaced by standard bulbs.

FRESHMAN ROVER

this is what i did to RR

I think this is the best way to go, I wanted real xenon lights , so I did it,
    here are pictures.

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DRIVING LIGHTS-xenon.jpg   DRIVING LIGHTS-xenon1.jpg  
    there are only 2 p38´s in queretaro mexico

This is the second time you've said that you have "real" xenons. Just because you put in projectors, doesn't mean you have "real" xenons. The fact is, the lense on your headlight is the same is every other P38, and in turn, has the same light refraction. So yes, you put projectors on your P38. Nice work. I'm sure it looks great. Unfortunately, your xenons are no more real than any other person's on here.
    Crooked Rod Charters www.crookedrod.com
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait

Very true. Adding projectors to your factory lenses can often create less illumination. Projectors are usually designed to be fitted with smooth, prism free lenses. The fitment and clarity of the projector is model specific for each make of car. By adding a projector to a standard fitment headlamp is much like wearing someone elses glasses over your own glasses. Go with one or the other, but never both.
    When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
    When dealing others, act with your heart.

Premium Member

There are a few bulbs you can buy which are standard 60/55w draw, but output an extra 30% - 50% light.

I originally purchased a set of 'outstanding performance' bulbs from The FleaBay only to find they were actually worse than standard. Since then I purchased these Philips bulbs:

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=43

I fitted tham all round including the driving lamps on the bull-bar and I wouldn't change them for the world. Yes, you can put in uprated draw bulbs or spend £250 on a HID set but these are more than adequate without risking the p38's electronics.

Anyway, that's not what the post is about - it's about these strange light shadows... Shut up Rich.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now