Thanks.
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thanks.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks.

I just like to say a big thanks to Gilbertd, for calling in this afternoon and sorting out my EAS.
    Was good to put a face to a name. Hopefully catch up next weekend at the LRO show.

Many, many thanks again. Phil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Banned

Re: Thanks.

No problem Phil, just fortunate I was going to be your way today anyway. Here's a thread with the dimensions for the calibrating blocks https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/7-r...on-blocks.html so you (we) can calibrate the system and stop it from getting it's knickers in a knot again.

FRESHMAN ROVER

They look easy enough to do !!!

Phil.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

I made a set and spent a whole afternoon crawling around under the car checking & rechecking heights with Faultmate, only to be told that this method was only effective for use with TestBook and that measuring from the centre of the hub to the wheel arch was the "only" way to calibrate without TestBook. Obviously not the case judging from this thread. I wish I could have been there to see it in person.

Out of interest, how long did it take?

The 'official' Land Rover calibration blocks can only be used with Testbook - as it doesn't do height for every setting. From what I understand there is a low set and a higher (maybe standard height) set of blocks, which Testbook reads the height values from. It then uses some internal algorithm to work out what the height setting should be for the rest of the heights and then programs these into the EAS ECU.

Any other method of diagnostics which will give you raw height sensor data for every height (nanocom, faultmate, EAS Unlock software, and I presume others like Lynx and Hawkeye) you can make up a set of blocks like in that thread for EACH height, then read the actual values, to then program them back to the EAS ECU.

I made up a set of blocks myself - only to find after cutting them all down that the supplier of the Delrin rod I used sent me 20mm diameter stuff, not 30mm like I had ordered.. and since I had already cut it up, I wasn't able to return it They still work, but at some point I will probably look at re-doing them in the 30mm diameter so they fit properly in the bump stops.

Marty
    ------------------------------------------------
    '01 4.6 Vogue Black/Lightstone "Snog" -- Bought Jan 2012
    '99 4.6 HSE Cobar Blue/Lightstone -- Sold March 2009
    '95 4.6 HSE Epsom Green/Tan -- Traded June 2008
    http://p38webshop.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now