interior colour
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: interior colour

interior colour

hi all, hope someone can shed some light for me, i own a 98 4.6HSE which as great as it is, i would like to spec up the interior a bit. alot of the interior is black plastic, which i have seen on later cars (vogue's) in cream, or even cream leather.
    I am mainly refering to parts such as the centre console side walls, cubby box lid etc

I also thought, instead of using the wood kit to spec up the centre console as normal, how does everyone think it would look if coloured to match my lightstone leather somehow? could look good???

Any advice greatfully recived

PS if anyone tell my Girlfreind im thinking of spending MORE money on (quote)"that bloody thirsty big thing in the garage that smells of dead cow" ill be dead before you know it so, mums the word!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    You can alot of the real wood bits on ebay but they are expensive. Or you can get whole kits from this place...

http://www.myrtleprod.com/rr.htm

Overfinch use to do a kit but I think they have discontinued all the P38 bits as there not on their site anymore.

I was feeling a bit tight so I bought one of the wood look kits on ebay a while back for £98. I bought a wood look kit years ago for a BMW 323 1986 and I swore I would never buy another one again.. tis was crap!

Anyway these new wood kits are pretty decent. I said to my sister can you tell which one is the real wood bit (the gear shift) and she counld'nt tell.

I'll take some pics tommorow if you want.
    2002 - Lexus SC430 convertible
    1998 - Range Rover 4.6 HSE
    1986 - Jaguar V12 5.3 XJS

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Sorry misread your post a bit Thought you was asking about wood kits rather then coloured trim.

Overfinch did a number of coloured interiors seem to remember seeing a red one and a yellow interior. There are pics around the web which might give you an idea of what it would look like.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    The yellow one I was thinking of is shown here, but the pics are a bit small.

http://ww3.overfinch.com/flash.htm

Hey Aquanuke,
    you sure the trim around the shifter is real wood? If so, you have something different than me. My "wood" panel is about 1/8" thick ABS plastic. It does look quite real, though.

dooh. stupid logout. above was me.

thanks all, so any tips on changing the colour of the black plastic? ive seen alot of boyracers interiors in rather crazy colours but can this be done in a tastefull lightstone colour? or any tips on cladding said parts in leather?
    ive seen the overfinch products but like most of us, i just cant afford it (or rather i can afford it but id be single very shortly afterwards!!)

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Well I always presumed the bit on the gear shift was real wood Ive not taken it out mind. But these days they put so much lachur on its hard to tell.

"or any tips on cladding said parts in leather?"

That would look nice, alot of the dash in my sc430 is done like that. I think that could look quite smart. Should be an easy job for a trimmers.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Aquanuke

Is the dash on your TT... sorry Lexus standard fitment or have you glammed it up after-market? It looks very nice whatever.

Manks
    --------------------
    2.5DHSE.
    2006 3.0 TD6 Vogue

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by Manks
    Aquanuke

Is the dash on your TT... sorry Lexus standard fitment or have you glammed it up after-market? It looks very nice whatever.

Manks
    yep thats my TT dash

Ive done a alot of mods on the car, inside ive had DVD , TV and Ipod input fitted, Sat Nav converted to pal, 6 disk mp3 changer, remote roof and remote start.

But looks wize its all 100% original.

muz
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    I've just ordered a brushed aluminium look kit from the states, cost £100, I'm not a wood fan myself, I could post an image when it's done (unless it looks crap!! )
    A day without sunshine is like.........night!
    1995 4.6 HSE

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now