Petrol cost V Diesel cost
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Petrol cost V Diesel cost

FRESHMAN ROVER

Petrol cost V Diesel cost

Hi folks, I know we have done the cost of fuel before but I was just wondering what is the difference in cost between Diesel and Petrol in different countries.

Here in Queensland, Petrol is 96c per litre while Diesel is $1.14 pre litre ( BP & Shell ).

There’s about a 10c per litre difference between Queensland and New South Wales as the Queensland government subsidises the fuel to the tune of 10c a litre.

Cheers.
    2008 TDV8 RR Lux + 2005 SE V6 D3

An old Yank crosses a new Pome in Oz
    http://www.traxide.com.au/railpics/RR+PBw1.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER
    Does it make a difference when you drive an RR

When its not likely that i will take my RR to Australia

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Hi Lummac, I’m not so interested in what it cost you, more in which is the more expensive.

A mate returned a few months ago from a cruise on the QM2 which went through Europe and the Scandinavian countries. He was telling me that Petrol is more expensive over there.

As diesel is cheaper to produce than petrol, I find it hard for the fuel companies here, to justify the discrepancy in pricing or whether it has something to do with the fact that nearly 1 in 3 new vehicles in Australia is a 4x4 and many of these are now diesel.

Are the thieving fuel companies just cashing in.

Here another little quirk, in Queensland, especially on the Gold Coast, it pays you to try and fill up from Monday to Thursday because without fail, every weekend the fuel prices go up and comes down on the following Monday.

Cheers

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Premium Member
    Drivesafe, you shold live here in Tahoe, the same thing happens with fuel prices, (witch are all ready .40 pre gal higher) then down in the Valley.

Got to love free enterprise.

You guys in the USA have nothing to complain about anything, so don't. Both cars, the maintenance as the gas are among the lowest in the world ...be happy with that. You better should pay some more attention for the ones paying double the prices...

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Here in the UK, if you thought about it too much, you'd never buy a Land Rover product as let's face it, even the Diesels are pretty thirsty.

As regards to fuel costs I cannot quote exact figures for all over the UK but I filled up this afternoon and noted the prices were as follows: This was in Leicestershire.

Normal Unleaded 84.9 p per litre
    Super Unleaded 86.9p litre (I normally have to pay 94.9p/litre for this!)
    Diesel 88.9p litre

This government really annoys me, they made petrol expensive so diesel engine cars became popular and now outsell petrol ones, once the majority of the population used the black pump, they hike up the price on diesel....It sickens me that over 80% of the fuel cost in the Uk is pure taxation going into the government coffers, to pay for more bloody speed cameras and not on improving road layouts, surfaces etc.
    2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 : Stornoway/Jet, RSE DVD, Hybrid TV, Privacy Glass

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Hi Moto, that’s about the same here in Ozz, most locations the price usually does not vary more than about 10 cents a litre ( about 40c a gallon ) but once you get off the beaten track the prices go up rapidly.
    In some of the really outback places the cost of fuel can be more than 100% higher than city prices.

Guest, don’t pick on the USA prices, the government there is simply not ripping of the people as rruk can obviously testify to in the UK and I can do the same here. Their lower prices for fuel is one of the major factors to why that country is doing so well.

Hi rruk, the same thing seems to be going on here, with one exception ( so far ). The Queensland government has not installed any fixed speed camera traps. The do have mobile camera traps.

New South Wales and Victoria, like Britain, have been making a fortune out of them but the Victorian government has made a total balls up of the their speed camera set up and have had to refund tens of thousands of speeding finds, on a number of different occasions now.

Cheers

Premium Member
    We are lucky here, both in the cost of fuel, or is that lack of Tax. Not that our gov is wasting money faster then it can print it. But our Calif Highway Patrol still for the most part does it the old way. Paceing, Hide on the off ramp or in the shadows, the Hot spots get Air Support. Not that Speed traps dont happen, but at least in Calif. If you get caught you were doing it. (and for the record, you can add 10 mph to posted speed limits on the interstates or the flow. On I-10 out to Palm Springs or I-15 going east out of LA that could mean close to 90 before your at risk.) Then again you can drag along at 45 in the fast lane with out much happening. That's what realy bugs me.

My grip about gas price is that it gets jack up evey weekend/holiday for the tourist traffic.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now