NAV screen does not turn off automatically on 05 RR
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NAV screen does not turn off automatically on 05 RR

NAV screen does not turn off automatically on 05 RR

Sometimes, I press the lock button on the key fob a few extra times to make sure that the RR is actually locked when I park. The NAV screen turns on and displays the splash screen with the Land Rover logo when I do this, but it doesn't seem to timeout and turn off automatically. Has anybody else seen this? How long am I supposed to wait?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Are you sure it doesnt timeout?

on my 2002 Mk3 it also displays the splash screen when u lockup, then it disapears after some time. Always by the time I return so not sure exactly how long. Dont think you have a problem unless it remains there longer than 10-20mins

Yeah. I might need to wait longer. I've have waited up to 3-5 minutes. But I'm hesitant to walk away with it still on, because I am afraid the bright lights emitting from the NAV is it going attract undesired attention when it is parked out in public at night.

Everytime, it happens I have run out of patience while waiting and just unlocked the door, hit the off button for the NAV, and locked it up with a single press of the lock button on the fob. I just feel more secure when I press the lock button twice because sometimes I do press on the lock button once and assume that the doors are actually locked, but the doors are still in the locked position. I can never remember to look at the flashing headlamps.

Thanks.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Premium Member
    Some thing to remember, is if you press the look twice with in 10 sec. you trun off the int sencer (glass break sencer) I do this when the dog is left in the car. (only for a short time).

But just in the past month, when I do this the driver and passanger windows drop a 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Not ever time just some.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now