Fuel Filler Cap/flap problem
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel Filler Cap/flap problem

Tim
    FOUNDING MEMBER

Fuel Filler Cap/flap problem

Here's something that has happened to me this weekend....
    Opened flap over filler cap and noticed the little plastic widget for holding the
    screw on cap on the flap when you are refueling was not there....... looked into the filler hole and there was the widget stuck on the curve down into the tank, just about finger length away, so tried to work it back out..........
    but it was slippery as hell and I couldn't quite get a grip, and succeeded in making it slide round the bend and down the fueling tube to the tank. I assume it has only gone as far as the anti-syphon device but cannot see it at all. It makes fueling up a very long slow affair (30 minutes to put in 1/2 a tank of diesel.....). Any suggestions for getting it back without resorting to a trip to the dealer?
    Fuji White Evoque SD4 Coupe Dynamic Lux auto with Plus Pack, heated steering wheel, privacy and tow pack - now on my drive
    Stornoway Grey TDv8 Vogue Range Rover with Ivory interior and a few extras - Gone
    Stornoway Grey TDv8 HSE - Gone

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Unless you can fashion a tool that will bend down the pipe and has some sort of gripping mechanism I think you may be up a creek.

The only flexible thing I can think of right now that you could use somehow to make a grabbing mechanism out of is some hose pipe, other than that I think your dealer will have to take the filler tube apart to access it.

Sorry
    2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 : Stornoway/Jet, RSE DVD, Hybrid TV, Privacy Glass

Tim
    FOUNDING MEMBER
    I'm getting it extracted when the car is serviced in a couple of weeks time. When I went into the dealer today to book it in they told me it's quite a common problem and they now have a "fix" to get the offending bit out!

For the rest of you - check that little piece of plastic is well secured to the fuel flap (I will attack mine with contact glue when I get the car back to make sure it doesn't happen again!). It takes ages to fill the tank if anything falls down the tube, especially with these automatic cut off pumps we have these days.
    Fuji White Evoque SD4 Coupe Dynamic Lux auto with Plus Pack, heated steering wheel, privacy and tow pack - now on my drive
    Stornoway Grey TDv8 Vogue Range Rover with Ivory interior and a few extras - Gone
    Stornoway Grey TDv8 HSE - Gone

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now