Project Kahn alloy wheels or Land Rover 20" wheels?? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Project Kahn alloy wheels or Land Rover 20" wheels??

Aeroresh,

haven't come across DMS 225BHP upgrade before, info please.
    DW

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FOUNDING MEMBER
    Thanks for all the compliments guys

This is the first car I've had that I'd planned and arranged all the mods before I actually bought the car using info mainly obtained from this board so I guess I owe everyone who contributes here a big thanks!

The colour is called Oslo Blue which I believe has now been discontinued for the '05/'06 model years but a fairly poplular choice here in the UK...absolute pain to try and keep clean tho'.

I took a flyer on the 22" wheels after weighing up the pros and cons with the reported vibration+diesel issues. Not really noticable in real life, only a slight vibration in Drive when idling, nothing serious...I normally select nuetral if idling for prolonged periods anyway.

DMS are UK based and are known predominantly for their Porsche and BMW upgrades. Like I said in a previous post (petrol v diesel) it will now keep pace with the V8 whilst still achieving mid 20s MPG if driven sparingly.
    Follow this link:-
    http://www.dmsautomotive.com/?upid=29&msid=3
    Very discreet from a warranty point of view too because the upgrade allows you to revert the car back to standard everytime you take it back to the dealers.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Aero, do you have any pics of the rear end? Keen to see what's been Overfinched there too!
    2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 : Stornoway/Jet, RSE DVD, Hybrid TV, Privacy Glass

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FOUNDING MEMBER
    RRUK, how are these?

...note the hole in the rear apron for the LandRover detachable tow hitch.

The exhausts are tips only (around 400mm long and welded onto the back box I believe).

Quite nice, not OTT and have Overfinch written on them.

Please excuse the backdrop, its due for demolition as soon as our new house is built!

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Can I ask you where you got all the parts fitted? You mentioned it was all done before you took delivery of it. Did you get an LR dealer to do it or Overfinch themselves?

Can I be REALLY cheeky and ask how much all the Overfinch stuff cost in the end?

It does look superb.I've never been a fan of 'modding' cars, but I'd make an exception for that.....
    2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 : Stornoway/Jet, RSE DVD, Hybrid TV, Privacy Glass

FOUNDING MEMBER
    Sorry for the delay in replying...problems with my broadband connection.

In answer to your questions RRUK, all the Overfinch parts except the wheels were fitted at Overfinchs' headquaters although I actually bought them through John Craddocks. Unbelievably Overfinch themselves weren't willing to do any sort of discount but John Craddocks knocked a good few % off list. The wheels were fitted by Craddocks who happended to be 1/2 mile from the showroom I bought the car from.

I don't really want to reveal the exact cost of the extras (in case the wife happens to stumble upon this board ) but if you look on the Overfinch website all the prices are there which will give you a good idea...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now