Range Rovers Forum banner

L322 Drivers door latch failure. Door won't open.

5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  exuptoy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey lads,
Just got myself an L322 Vogue but it has an issue with the locking. Before I got it, it had the N/S latch and module replaced, but when the fob is operated the drivers latch wouldn't unlock. Although when you press the fob you could hear it operating but the only movement is a slight twitch from the sill button and a noise from the actuator but the lock could be operated on the key.

The key has since failed and feels like it is not operating anything. I have managed to lift the door card and removed the airbag squib. I think I will need to purchase a new latch but need to know where to hit the old one to smash the lock. If anyone has a pic showing where to hit the latch I would be most grateful. I downloaded RAVE but cannot find it in there.

Also now the key is not working, does this also mean I have to get a new lock housing or is it just another failed part inside the latch?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.