K bus failure
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: K bus failure

FRESHMAN ROVER

K bus failure

Right, I have done a scope test. Can bus is fine. K bus has a faulty signal. Can anyone tell me where the headers/joints are? They are x10116 & x10446 iirc from the wiring diagrams.

My problem is on my 2002 TD6 no diagnostics can connect to the EAS nor airbag. I don’t know about any other k bus modules as my snap on versus can only see certain ones. My air suspension is currently inactive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: K bus failure

Under the driver's side footwell (above the lamp there), remove the black plastic covering, find the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) and disconnect the plug.

Then see if you have K bus connectivity and if you can connect to your air suspension module. You will still have an air suspension fault, but if you have restored K bus connectivity by disconnecting your SAS, then most likely the SAS is the culprit.

I've been through the SAS twice on Rover 1 and both times the failing SAS introduced enough noise into the electrical system that it inhibited K bus connectivity. Replacing the SAS with a brand new Land Rover original part fixed it. But be prepared it is a big job and the book procedure calls for taking your dash apart. We've done it twice and are at the point where we just unbolt the steering column, and while one person holds it, the 2nd person quickly slips out the old SAS and slips in the new SAS and then we just bolt it back together and we're done. We can change a SAS on a 2004 L322 in about 2 hours from start to finish, including reprogramming it with the RSW All Comms.
    MJR
    2004 Range Rovers, HSE (L322, M62TUB V8 4.4L)
    Rover 1: Java Black,
    Sand Interior, Piano Black Custom Trim, Heated Steering Wheel and Heated Comfort Seats Retrofit, Factory Front Brush Guard and Fixed Side Steps
    Rover 2: Java Black, Charcoal Interior, Piano Black Custom Trim, Tow Package, Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit
    North American Spec

Re: K bus failure

Quote Originally Posted by mjrgroup View Post
    Then see if you have K bus connectivity and if you can connect to your air suspension module. You will still have an air suspension fault, but if you have restored K bus connectivity by disconnecting your SAS, then most likely the SAS is the culprit.

I've been through the SAS twice on Rover 1 and both times the failing SAS introduced enough noise into the electrical system that it inhibited K bus connectivity.
    Interesting - I haven't heard much about SAS failures, but I have seen K-bus failures and could never identify causes.
    What symptoms show up typically?
    '03 Range Rover HSE
    Black
    '12 Range Rover HSE 'Lux'
    White

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now