tires need replacement - stay aftermarket or go back to OEM - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: tires need replacement - stay aftermarket or go back to OEM

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: tires need replacement - stay aftermarket or go back to

Ok, I have a 2010 SPORT Supercharged, but this is what I am running (Since April 2018 )
    Hankook VENTUS ST RH06 - SIZE: 275/40R20. I replaced a set of Conti Extreme Contact Sports and I am very pleased. These Hankook tires handle just as good as the Continentals did up to 100+ MPH, have a more aggressive tread - I do take the Sport off road - beach sand mostly and they work a lot better than the street only Contis did. The ride seems more refined as well.
    Current:
    Reggie 2010 Range Rover Sport SC (Chelsea Tractor)
    Monika '74 MB 450 SL
    Scarlett 2014 Jeep Cherokee 4wd
    FoxyCleopatra '99 Chevy Suburban

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

19" - I am riding on the original HSE wheels.
    Jgibson308
    2006 L322 HSE
    Black w/ Grey interior
    50K Miles

Me too - people complain that there are no AT options for the 19" but there are about 6 - I only need one.
    Range Rover HSE 2010 (5.0L V8 NA) with Factory Roof Rack - Zermatt Silver, Black Interior.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

I have the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus in 265/50R20 (the 111V, not the 107) and I like them.

They've been good tires, quiet, good 3-season traction, and pretty good tread life. Snow/ice traction is not too great (I have winter tires on 19" wheels).

I've had to purchase a couple of replacement Pirellis over the years, both new and used, due to tire a couple of punctures and excess wear due to being out of alignment. I found BestUsedTires.com to be a good source for finding tires with matching tread wear.

Prior to the Pirellis I had the Hankook RH06. Those we very good tires and if they still made them in 265/50R20 I'd probably still be using them. I had them siped and the winter traction really wasn't too bad. Siping made a noticeable difference on ice.

Prior to the Hankooks I had the original Continental CrossContacts that were just fine. However, if I were looking for new tires, Continental Tires would definitely be on my list.

Having said all that, if you like the Falkens, I'd replace the front pair with two to match the rears, then make sure your alignment is good.
    2007 Range Rover HSE Lux

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now