EAS Valve Blocks , internal leak?
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

Thread: EAS Valve Blocks , internal leak?

FRESHMAN ROVER

EAS Valve Blocks , internal leak?

On my 2008 SC, I replaced both front struts 2 years ago due to a leak, All was well. The rear airbags started slowly leaking down after a week of sitting. All of a sudden the entire rear would drop to the bump stops over night( it was at the paint shop for 5 months so during this time it this started happening). I replaced both rear bags and there is something else going on. The rear of the truck drops evenly not one side. I have leak checked everything i can find and can find no leaks.

I think there is an internal leak in the rear valve block. I took the compressor cover off and leak tested that also.

But there is also another problem. The truck will slowly sag a couple inches over night but the air compressor is cycling every 2 mins or so with no drop in the vehicle height. If there is a slow leak it would not explain how quick the air compressor is cycling.

If the valve block at the compressor is leaking back through the compressor and the rear valve block is leaking back to the main gallery would this not describe the problem?

Any incite?
    2008 Range Rover Supercharged L322.
    2010 Range Rover Autobiography L322.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: EAS Valve Blocks , internal leak?

I just confirmed the rear valve block is leaking back to the supply. So i will venture to guess the valve block on the compressor is also leaking to atmosphere and that would explain all the problems. I am going to take them apart and clean them and see if they seal. I would guess they are full of silica gel dust.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: EAS Valve Blocks , internal leak?

How did this work out?
    2006 L322

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I took the valves apart ,cleaned them in an untrasonic cleaner , replaced the silica gel in the air compressor. The problem is fixed she is holding air great. There is one verry small leak at the air line quick connect leaving the air drier but the compressor only cycles for about 15 seconds every 45 mins from that leak. I am going to replace that oring when i have a chance but its not going to cause a problem in the short term.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now