04 Range Rover Need Parts Identified (pics attached)
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 04 Range Rover Need Parts Identified (pics attached)

FRESHMAN ROVER

04 Range Rover Need Parts Identified (pics attached)

Love my rover at 220k miles. Both front tires need the same parts. (My mechanic doesn't speak English) but is great. I get the parts he replaces them!
    Need the attached (in red) parts identified so I can order them. Pics are from beneath the car both behind the tires.

Thanks for the help been on htis forum for years. Want to keep my baby running. At 170K converted the air suspension to shocks with the help of this site.04 Range Rover Need Parts Identified (pics attached)-range-rover-underneath.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 04 Range Rover Need Parts Identified (pics attached)

Here is a link to rock auto, https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...072,suspension

might be able to see the parts your looking for.

top items look like sway bar connections and others look like lower control arms
    1996 4.0 SE - "Lucky" has been a lucky car, 230,000 miles, owned for 18 years - recenly sold
    2000 4.6HSE - "Lotus". owned for 10 years now, just clicked 208,000 miles.
    2008 HSE 4.4l - "Meg" - New to us on 10-12-18 with 78,450 miles

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks for the link, I will take a look! Appreciate it!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

The parts in question are the upper control arms and the sway bar links.

Front upper control arm; RIGHT: LR018343
    Front upper control arm; LEFT: LR018344
    But if you are replacing upper control arms, it is the perfect time to replace the ball joints as well: i would do that too!
    Ball joint (NEED 2): RBK500210 (i would recommend MOOG brand parts, these are some of the highest quality ball joints)
    --What's particularly nice about the Moog ball joints is that they come with a castle nut and replacement M10 hex bolts to replace the factory torx bolts that secure the existing ball joint in. Hex is far less likely to strip and you need to replace those bolts anyways whenever you change a ball joint. A lot of folks don't change them and that's not good.
    Sway bar links (NEED 2): RBM500200

You'll also need new nuts and bolts to fasten those lower control arms with. The service manual calls for replacing the bolts when replacing those arms.

Part numbers you'll need are QTY 2 of KYG000043 and QTY 2 of RYH501100. Atlantic British has the parts (linked), along with the dealer and some other places.
    MJR
    2004 Range Rovers, HSE (L322, M62TUB V8 4.4L)
    Rover 1: Java Black,
    Sand Interior, Piano Black Custom Trim, Heated Steering Wheel and Heated Comfort Seats Retrofit, Factory Front Brush Guard and Fixed Side Steps
    Rover 2: Java Black, Charcoal Interior, Piano Black Custom Trim, Tow Package, Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit
    North American Spec

SOLIHULL ROVER
    You have been given great advice
    I have purchased the uppers with 2nd line parts (britparts line)from island 4x4 in the UK.Very good pricing and fairly quick service from England and they last. The links I installed were Moog and one started making noise after less than 2 years. Moog is an old name and very long term supplier so I was extremely surprised as they are a hot rodders go to supplier. Remember to do the final bolt tightening with the axle bearing the normal weight of the car. So with wheel off just rest thd suspension on a block of jack. Always easier to tighten bolt with the wheel removed. Of course keep up a backup support so you cannot get hurt. This keeps the frame mounted bushing from twisting within itself when the car is running on a smooth surface-hopefully 99 % of the time
    2008 Alaska white SC with 128,000 mi. latest diff folly. 2004 Epson green 275k kms now for sale. also 1952 Hough payloader 1959 Nuffield 4DM
    2000 kent green 4.0 SE sold
    2003 GMC 1500 AWD window van 5.3 L love it in the snow & rain-anytime [on mich ltd m&s ll] 200 plus K miles. getting very rusty.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

We are looking at the rear suspension, not the front.
    2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4L AJ41
    2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4L M62

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Tj View Post
    Negative , that is the front. Zoom in and you will see the rear suspension distinctly in the photos. the lower control arm curvature suggests its the fronnt and the rear wheel suspension on these cars is designed differently. Very distinctive.
    245,000 miles and counting....
    "Stable genius?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Tj View Post
    Not unless he has rear wheel steering......
    Steering rack is clear enough in the pictures.
    '98 P38 HSE, with 385hp/385ft lbs of LSx under the hood. Fully functional HVAC, EAS, etc.
    '11 L322 SC
    '04 DiscoII - wheeling rig
    '02 P38, '79 924 for the kids.
    Custom fabrication, engine rebuilds and knowledge that comes from experience and not Google, always available for a reasonable cost.

I made a mistake in my post and I can't edit it as it's been longer than the 15 minutes, so here's my caveat/correction.

I mentioned that QTY 2 of KYG000043 and QTY 2 of RYH501100 are the nuts and bolts to secure the bushing side of the front lower control arms...well they are the exact same part numbers used to secure the bushing side of the front upper control arms as well. So do yourself a favor and pick up 4 of each so you can have them handy when doing the upper control arms.

What I particularly love about the L322 is that the ball joints are separate from the upper control arms so you can keep and reuse the upper control arms forever by just pressing out the bushing and replacing the ball joints...both of which are so inexpensive compared to the cost of a new upper control arm....and you can buy higher quality bushings and experiment with your ride quality and longevity of the bushing. I own a BMW as well and on that car I've been running a custom made spherical bushing with a small rubber diaphragm surrounding the ball so you get the best of both worlds. Best thing is you don't have to preload it when torquing down the bolt...but downside is it's expensive and hardens the ride quality. I've bought MOOG-branded upper control arm bushings for the L322 and plan to press in a pair to the spare pair of upper control arms I have lying around for the L322s.
    MJR
    Sand Interior, Piano Black Custom Trim, Heated Steering Wheel and Heated Comfort Seats Retrofit, Factory Front Brush Guard and Fixed Side Steps
    Rover 2: Java Black, Charcoal Interior, Piano Black Custom Trim, Tow Package, Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit
    North American Spec

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by mjrgroup View Post

and you can buy higher quality bushings and experiment with your ride quality and longevity of the bushing. I own a BMW as well and on that car I've been running a custom made spherical bushing with a small rubber diaphragm surrounding the ball so you get the best of both worlds. Best thing is you don't have to preload it when torquing down the bolt...but downside is it's expensive and hardens the ride quality. I've bought MOOG-branded upper control arm bushings for the L322 and plan to press in a pair to the spare pair of upper control arms I have lying around for the L322s.

Please tell me more? I dislike the frame side bushings, and wouldn't mind a little harshness to gain some longevity...My '04 L322 sees daily off-roading and bushings wear terribly...

NT

SOPHOMORE ROVER

The sway bar not being connected to the links threw me off - I just assumed it was the rear, as I"m not that familiar with the rear, but I've replaced every front end component on my '04 and it didn't look right on my phone screen.
    2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4L AJ41
    2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4L M62

Quote Originally Posted by reccerover View Post
    Please tell me more? I dislike the frame side bushings, and wouldn't mind a little harshness to gain some longevity...My '04 L322 sees daily off-roading and bushings wear terribly...

NT
    Here's the thread to bimmerforums: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...erical-Bearing

The guy I bought them from is sofiabghome (thread starter). If you register you can see the pictures of the bushing. Very high quality, but I'm not sure if he has them available anymore. Another user on bimmerforums, Wokke, based in Germany might have something equivalent. Spherical bushings basically last forever because they are not as soft as regular control arm bushings. But personally, I would take a soft bushing like what's OEM to the Range Rover any day on an SUV or luxury car for comfort. Spherical for sports car is fine, but I don't know if I would do it permanently on the Rover. If you don't mind spending money, go for it and let us know how it works.
    Last edited by mjrgroup; June 20th, 2019 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the URL
    MJR
    North American Spec

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now