Bluetooth not working.
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bluetooth not working.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Bluetooth not working.

Hi Guy's, ever since ive had my 2011 RR fatty my Bluetooth has'nt worked.

there was a most loop on the bluetooth module so i went out & purchased a new module from LR, i plugged it in & i still got the no screen with the flashing power button.

Anyway, if I disconnect the most loop when everything is powered up & connect it to my new module, it works, but as soon as I lock the car up & go back, I have the flasshing button & no screen again.

when everything is working I dont get any error codes, & when i get the blank screen & power button flashing, I get the error: Fault in communication with the vehicle ECU (on the bluetooth, & on the other most items).

Can anyone please advise me on what can possibly be wrong?

Many thanks in advance

ASH

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Bluetooth not working.

The BT module has two connectors - one for the MOST and one for the power and ground.

From memory, I think there's three wires going to the large connector plug (looks like it could accommodate 20+ more terminal pins).

Do you have 12v getting to the module?

Unplug that three wire BT connector and test with a voltmeter.

Test for 12v supply as well as continuity to ground on the ground pin using an ohm meter.

The ignition will need to be on position II and I would open and close the driver's door immediately before testing the BT 12v supply to ensure the car's BUS's are awake.

Please report back.

Rob

FRESHMAN ROVER

thanks mate, ill have a play & report back

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

There is 2 wires that go into the plug, and one is ground (tested & seems OK) the other is 12v & 14v when the engine is running.

Any more suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance

ASH

FRESHMAN ROVER

The MOST loop relies on an LED signal generated by the audio receiver, which is then relayed throughout the MOST loop circuit.

If you remove the lower glovebox trim (disconnecting the footwell light too) and look up behind the lower glovebox you will see a vertically mounted module with three plugs attached on the left side (towards the HVAC unit). You'll need a torch (flashlight).

It looks like this.... https://www.ebay.com/itm/LAND-RANGE-...gAAOSwGEJcXo4c

It's mounted on a thin metal strip, which is attached with 2 x 8mm bolts at either end, retained with a couple of vertically mounted T20 torx screws.

Undo those 8mm bolts and the T20's then you should be able to drop and tilt the receiver module down low enough to remove the MOST connector.

Turn the ignition on to position II and, (using a small mirror if necessary) confirm that one of the two LED's within the [now disconnected] MOST output FROM the receiver is illuminated. There should be a red glow from one of the two LED's within the receiver.

If there's no red glow, test for 12v and ground at the connector plug. The supply and ground wires are slightly thicker than the remaining wires.

Better yet, if you have access to SDD, run the diagnostic and check the communication with all [installed] modules and see which ones are green ticked and which are red crosses on the various CAN BUSSES.

Rob

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. does it make any difference that I obviously have the red emitting light on the most bypass on my bluetooth?

Ill also try to get a copy of SDD to install on my laptop (ive got a VXDIAG VCX NANO), are these any good for the JLR systems?

Thank again

ASH

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now