2010-2012 Range Rover S/C - Brake Pad Life & Suggestions - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2010-2012 Range Rover S/C - Brake Pad Life & Suggestions

Re: 2010-2012 Range Rover S/C - Brake Pad Life & Suggestions

Hard on brakes. Are the replacement factory pads, or aftermarket? 40,000 miles first replacement on front and rears. Second replacement on the fronts at 80K.
    Factory pads is the only way to go. I cheap skated on my XJR brakes and I hated it. So you if you play hard you got to pay.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

What makes you think manufacturers go with “best” pads as opposed to ones they get the best price on? Manufacturers are notorious for not utilizing beat in class parts and to think the oem pads are the best stopping is a conclusion reached without evidence. Im not saying buy the cheapest pads, im saying buy the best pads. Unlikely the oem ones stop better than all of the other available options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by georgekale View Post
    The only way to go on brake replacement, Go original pads. Why? because they stop with authority. Reason you buy a Range Rover SC is for performance and stopping power. Spend the money and go original pads, if you want factory performance brakes. Remember why you bought RR SC .I got 40k out of factory pads.
    I generally agree (not brake specific) about O.E. parts... and will often seek out the OEM parts minus the auto-makers box... best of both worlds. OEM part without the markup for the automobile emblem on it.
    I don’t have a lot of a faith with Land Rover regarding supplier selection or design though. They have re-sourced the oil filters to China. The Land Rover Mahle oil filters say “Made in China” right on the box. I’m refuse to pay $30 for a Chinese made cartridge filter. I doubt LR has even stuck with the same supplier for brake pads since 2012. It has been shopped around to the lowest bidder 5x to feed the aftermarket/service demand.
    I am willing to sacrifice some initial bite with ceramic pads to avoid the dust and squeal. If I can save some money in the process... even better.
    Also good on you for getting 40K miles. That’s more than 2x the average life for the SC. My wife drives like a grandma and we are getting 15-18K miles. So you must really baby the brakes.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Pagid/ textar / jurid are all part of the same group - so probably similar formulations for the same vehicle and they are typically the oem supplier in Europe too. The softer pads have better cold bite but generate lots of dust - so the ceramics (like akebono) give a little in cold performance but less dust. At temp, ceramic performs better, but not as good as carbon - that is used for track pads - but those typically have noise and cold performance issues - so take your pick !

FRESHMAN ROVER

Had Hawks Ceramics pad done 12k miles ago on 2011 RR SC. No dust but noise is persistent on slow braking to a traffic light. Little more pressure on brakes takes care of noise.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

If the brembo ceramics have no noise, little dust, and cost less id say theyre a win. Will try them when my current pads are done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRESHMAN ROVER

I used power stop on my 2010 autobiography and they perform great. My 08 is 128k on the 2 set or rotors (at 50k) and i normaly get 50k miles out of the brakes on both my rovers and i tow with both of them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2008 Range Rover Supercharged L322.
    2010 Range Rover Autobiography L322.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now