2010-2012 Range Rover S/C - Brake Pad Life & Suggestions - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2010-2012 Range Rover S/C - Brake Pad Life & Suggestions

Re: 2010-2012 Range Rover S/C - Brake Pad Life & Suggestions

are this the calipers you have Bill?
    2010-2012 Range Rover S/C - Brake Pad Life & Suggestions-20160401_123918-1-2-.jpg
    2012 TDV8 Black Edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Yes they are.. Do you happen to have a p/n for the pads? Jurid does not list a ceramic pad for the Supercharged.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Front vs rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

To answer your first question this is my experience... funny I was just basically going through the same thoughts and just created a thread. Totally missed your post before posting mine... Sorry to the admin

First brake job on mine was 16,552 miles (Fronts only)
    Second - 24,313 miles (Rears only)
    Third - 43,000 miles (Both front and rears)
    Fourth - 66,461 miles (Fronts only)

Now at 73,000 miles my rears are squealing and dealership says they are at 3-5 mm in the yellow.

Lastly, does anyone feel that the truck is underpowered brake wise? It seems like mine at least struggles under the heavy weight of the vehicle. They also seem to fade quickly with more spirited driving. I will have to consider the pads you all have mentioned I hate the squeeling.

I would love to know recommendations as well on where to order the brembo pads (thanks for answering my question on my thread that our rides do use brembo pads)

BillConn what year is your 7 series? I had the 2008 750LI and 08' 750I back in the day loved that car.

Bill,
    Part Number: 573343J
    2012 TDV8 Black Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ttforcefed View Post
    interesting let me know what u discover regarding the akes. if its so, ill stick to hawk ceramics - ebc ceramics prob worth trying but i haven't mustered up the courage given a bad experience i had a long time ago with ebc.
    I heard back from customer service at Akebono this morning... Here is what they say:

Quote Originally Posted by Akebono Customer Service
    Thank you for your inquiry on our brake pads. I have spoken with our Tech Team on your question. Unfortunately, the pads you mention, EUR1479(A) are for aconventional Range Rover and since yours has the Brembo caliper they will notfit your vehicle. Due to the size required we do not have the machines tomake pads that large as well as our other requirement of vehicle demands.
    Sorry that we are unable to assist you

So essentially, Akebono is not tooled up to produce such massive brake pads and there is also very little demand for RR S/C pads in general. Bummer, but it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ttforcefed View Post
    Front vs rear
    Is this the difference between Hawk Ceramic (Front) vs Akebono (Rear). Hard to say if its really a pad difference or simply the fact that the Front brakes do more work.

Quote Originally Posted by buba View Post
    Bill,
    Part Number: 573343J
    I did some research on that P/N. It looks like the Ceramic pad P/N is 573343JC... but it is sold for the 4.4L Turbo Diesel but not the Supercharged. As such, it is not really an available part in the United States. It also does not appear to have the proper provision for the brake pad wear sensor probably because the sensors were not equipped in the markets where the 4.4 TD was sold.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Same brand of pads - oem. Im going back to ceramics.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Im having a senior moment- does ebc make ceramics for our 2010+ SC?

Quote Originally Posted by FujiRRSC View Post
    To answer your first question this is my experience... funny I was just basically going through the same thoughts and just created a thread. Totally missed your post before posting mine... Sorry to the admin

First brake job on mine was 16,552 miles (Fronts only)
    Second - 24,313 miles (Rears only)
    Third - 43,000 miles (Both front and rears)
    Fourth - 66,461 miles (Fronts only)

Now at 73,000 miles my rears are squealing and dealership says they are at 3-5 mm in the yellow.

Lastly, does anyone feel that the truck is underpowered brake wise? It seems like mine at least struggles under the heavy weight of the vehicle. They also seem to fade quickly with more spirited driving. I will have to consider the pads you all have mentioned I hate the squeeling.

I would love to know recommendations as well on where to order the brembo pads (thanks for answering my question on my thread that our rides do use brembo pads)

BillConn what year is your 7 series? I had the 2008 750LI and 08' 750I back in the day loved that car.
    I don't feel the brakes are underpowered at all on the S/C but at the same time, I have not really pushed the truck too hard. Its mostly soccer-mom duty and light towing, so fade is a non-issue.
    As for the Brembo pads. It looks like they only sell them for the fronts. Price is fantastic @ $44/pr from Rock Auto https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...502897&jsn=389
    I have no experience with them, but ill give em a shot. I don't think the Hawks will be worth the premium @ $130/pr.

For the 7-series, I have an E38 right now. Probably the best 7-series BMW has ever built. I had an E66 750il before and while the car was really nice, it just isn't the same as an E38. The technology in the E66 took away the pure drivers experience of the E38.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Wld be great to compare brembo vs hawks ceramics

FRESHMAN ROVER

So no brembo pads for the back? I just had my fronts done so just need the rears now. Will have to check on where I can find the rears.

Too funny, We have the ML350 4-matic I see you have the GLE. Looks like we have somewhat similar taste in cars.

2010-2012 Range Rover S/C - Brake Pad Life & Suggestions-img_8207.jpg

SOPHOMORE ROVER

The rears you can dk whatever u want - they dont dust nearly as much.

Im gonna try ebc greens on my 13 lr4- hoping for the best!

The only way to go on brake replacement, Go original pads. Why? because they stop with authority. Reason you buy a Range Rover SC is for performance and stopping power. Spend the money and go original pads, if you want factory performance brakes. Remember why you bought RR SC .I got 40k out of factory pads.

Looks normal to me. Almost looks like mine.

I did brakes on my Range Rover 2011 in December 2018. This is the second set 83,000 miles. First set done around 40,000 miles. (shown here) .
    Installing factory pads and EBC rotors. I also do a brake fluid flush. I would rather live with brake dust , than poor performing brakes. So I'm good to go for another 40K.
    2010-2012 Range Rover S/C - Brake Pad Life & Suggestions-img_20181219_190744153.jpg2010-2012 Range Rover S/C - Brake Pad Life & Suggestions-img_20181219_164225095-3-.jpg2010-2012 Range Rover S/C - Brake Pad Life & Suggestions-img_20181219_164243230-2-.jpg2010-2012 Range Rover S/C - Brake Pad Life & Suggestions-img_20160714_142704.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now