2006 4.4l --vvt rattle
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2006 4.4l --vvt rattle

FRESHMAN ROVER

2006 4.4l --vvt rattle

2006 4.4l v8 hse 120k mi

(1)rattle started on cold startup then drives fine.

(2) changed oil. rattle was on cold startup and then sometimes during drive up hills. then codes of p0018 and sometimes after startup engine fault and limited gears tranny.

(3) clearly the one bank vvt variable valve timing is not functioning. also got red oil pressure light. changed switch for oil pressure still the same.

(4) will take apart engine to change vvt sprockets and timing chain as well..

question--anyone done this before and perhaps have any of the cam locking tools and pullers etc for loan?

thanks ahead of time for any thoughts and help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: 2006 4.4l --vvt rattle

I did the timing chain and Vanos rebuild on my 2004 with the BMW engine and bought all the tools. I also have a 2006 that purrs like a kitten and she's got 172K miles.

I don't lend my best friend my tools unless I'm willing to lose it. I take care of my tools, many do not. Good luck with your repairs.
    2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4L AJ41
    2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4L M62

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 2006 4.4l --vvt rattle

update:

process of taking off valve cover left side...to get access to the valve solenoid.
    start by replacing solenoid and seeing if that helps.

access to valve cover bolts are difficult...need to remove or push away vacuum hoses, as well as disconnect coils and remove them

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now