04 L322 Air Suspension Inactive after sitting
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

Thread: 04 L322 Air Suspension Inactive after sitting

04 L322 Air Suspension Inactive after sitting

Hi Guys,

I have a 2004 Range Rover, I've read a bunch of posts yet I just can't figure out what the issue with my suspension is. My car was vandalized while it wasn't insured and it sat with no battery connected for a good 8 months. I got it painted and realized that the suspension was completely decompressed. I tried doing the "turning steering wheel lock to lock" method but it didn't fix the issue. The instrument panel where i can raise or lower the SUV has no power at all and I keep getting an "air suspension inactive" light. I checked the 15 amp fuse in the glove compartment and it was good I put in a new one just incase. Any idea how I can get it back up and get the system power again? I did notice my tires have low air pressure too I don't know if that would make a difference but I have to get the rusted valve caps off and fill them up still. I hope you guys can help me, I've already had to pay so much just to get the vandalism taken care of.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 04 L322 Air Suspension Inactive after sitting

You will need to have the trouble codes / fault memory cleared from the air suspension control module and then the air compressor should kick back on and inflate your air springs. When you have a hard fault stored it will shut down the system. You will need a scan tool that can communicate with the air suspension control module to do this.

Agree with the post above. You need a tool to read the faults first and then clear. On a side note a rodent could have chewed electrical wire on the suspension height wire or valve block while the vehicle sat for 8 months. I personally experienced that from purchasing one from auction where it sat for a while.
    2005 RR HSE 4.4 Java Black
    2004 RR HSE 4.4 Zambezi Silver

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

MrE
    FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 04 L322 Air Suspension Inactive after sitting

Quote Originally Posted by Rovah View Post
    Agree with the post above. You need a tool to read the faults first and then clear. On a side note a rodent could have chewed electrical wire on the suspension height wire or valve block while the vehicle sat for 8 months. I personally experienced that from purchasing one from auction where it sat for a while.
    You can get the tool from Amazon for a 2003-2005 Range Rover for somewhere around $25. Search for "bmw scanner version 1.4.0". I had to solder in a jumper wire to make it work, but many references to the work around on the web.
    2004 Range Rover HSE
    1986 Newell Motorhome w/2001 Cummins ISM

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now