L322 Logic Seven no sound
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net Ė General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

Thread: L322 Logic Seven no sound

FRESHMAN ROVER

L322 Logic Seven no sound

Hi all,

Usual problem where everything works apart from the sound. I've checked all fuses in the front and they're OK. Are there any in the rear that could be checked or am I looking at a replacement amp?

Connector's and cables appear fine. Sound was working prior to a battery change, since then it's been fading in and out or silent before returning. It came back for a bit before dying.

Would the replacement require coding or is it plug and play?

Thanks in advance .
    Quick reply to this message Reply

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: L322 Logic Seven no sound

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbane23 View Post
    Hi all,

Usual problem where everything works apart from the sound. I've checked all fuses in the front and they're OK. Are there any in the rear that could be checked or am I looking at a replacement amp?

Connector's and cables appear fine. Sound was working prior to a battery change, since then it's been fading in and out or silent before returning. It came back for a bit before dying.

Would the replacement require coding or is it plug and play?

Thanks in advance .
    Hi,

Apologies for my post looking like Iíve just barged in and started asking questions without searching first.

Iíve searched the forum and found some answers but not all.

Iíd like to ask the more knowledgeable/experienced members of the forum the following please.

Does the logic 7 amp have its Own power supply or is it fed via one of the other modules?

Iím trying to establish if i do have a faulty amp or perhaps another faulty module. I donít want to rush in, buy another Amp and it turns out thatís not at fault.

The sounds keeps coming and going so Iím unsure if it is definitely the amp. Water has been an issue as itís destroyed the Bluetooth module which has been bypassed and killed the DVD shuttle in the rear too.

The screen still interacts etc but no sound until it randomly comes on.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What year is your Rover?
    MJR
    2004 Range Rovers, HSE (L322, M62TUB V8 4.4L)
    Rover 1: Java Black,
    Sand Interior, Piano Black Custom Trim, Heated Steering Wheel and Heated Comfort Seats Retrofit, Factory Front Brush Guard and Fixed Side Steps
    Rover 2: Java Black, Charcoal Interior, Piano Black Custom Trim, Tow Package, Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit
    North American Spec

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by mjrgroup View Post
    What year is your Rover?
    Itís 2007.

Iíve ordered a secondhand Amp to rule out a fault with my one.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Water ingress into the left rear corner of L322's is a common issue regarding ICE faults.

Remove the left rear vertical trunk liner panels (you'll need an Allen key to remove the chrome tie-down points) and look for signs of water in the cavity below the multiple modules.

The amp has a simple two-wire 12v supply plug at the lower left side (when looking directly at it when mounted vertically). It may be a green colored plastic but, regardless, there are only two wires so is easy to spot. Press the plug's release tab (awkward bit doable depending whether another module is mounted in front of the amp) and check to see if the amp is getting 12v+ to the RED connector and you have a good ground for the BLACK wire. Depending on the number of modules mounted in that area, you may have to remove several 8mm and 10mm fittings to allow the main mount to be moved sufficiently to gain access to the amp. The amp is mounted using four 8mm fittings. Take pictures on your phone/tablet before you undo everything so you have a reference for correct re-installation.

The amp does also have a MOST connector. Think of a MOST circuit as a continuous fiber signal loop. Any 'break' in the loop will mean a problem with the ICE system.

Rob

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by anvilrob View Post
    Water ingress into the left rear corner of L322's is a common issue regarding ICE faults.

Remove the left rear vertical trunk liner panels (you'll need an Allen key to remove the chrome tie-down points) and look for signs of water in the cavity below the multiple modules.

The amp has a simple two-wire 12v supply plug at the lower left side (when looking directly at it when mounted vertically). It may be a green colored plastic but, regardless, there are only two wires so is easy to spot. Press the plug's release tab (awkward bit doable depending whether another module is mounted in front of the amp) and check to see if the amp is getting 12v+ to the RED connector and you have a good ground for the BLACK wire. Depending on the number of modules mounted in that area, you may have to remove several 8mm and 10mm fittings to allow the main mount to be moved sufficiently to gain access to the amp. The amp is mounted using four 8mm fittings. Take pictures on your phone/tablet before you undo everything so you have a reference for correct re-installation.

The amp does also have a MOST connector. Think of a MOST circuit as a continuous fiber signal loop. Any 'break' in the loop will mean a problem with the ICE system.

Rob
    Iíve pulled it all out, I noticed this morning there was a nice puddle in the well where the equipment goes.

Iíve tested and the amp power is getting the 12 odd volts but Iím unsure how to check the ground or what to look for.

The water has destroyed the hybrid tv tuner, although it powers up, it no longer receives a tv signal when it used to receive freeview very well.

Itís also taken out the Bluetooth module and DVD shuttle.

Itís all being replaced slowly but I need to sort the leak first.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Some later MY cars had a plastic sheet membrane barrier installed, which was an attempt to deflect any leaking/dripping water around the modules. If you google search LR water leak technical bulletins you'll likely find the instructions and a diagram of the modification.

Obviously, it's important to find and remedy the water leak or you'll be repeating this exercise again, next time it pours.

Take a look on you-tube for videos of folks using smoke machines to detect/locate water leaks and see if you can rent (or buy a cheap model) to source the leaking entry point and seal it.

Check the ground terminal with an ohm meter between the black pin in the plug and a good ground on the body.

Although it's nice to have all the original ICE working, don't waste too much time and money or "rebuilding" the vision/DVD side of the ICE. It's a two decade old system. You can probably spend less money on a couple of tablets and load them up with the music and or media you desire, instead.

Rob

FRESHMAN ROVER

When mine did this i got buzzing through the speakers and no output on the speakers. This then turned into the Land Rover logo appearing on the screen and the system not starting.

I bought 5 of the fibre loops and went through bypassing different parts in the boot until the system booted up.

In the end mine was down to the amplifier having corrosion on the output terminals.

Make sure you get the correct amplifier as I found there were 3 different options. I do have a cross over 2005 car so that maybe the reason.

Ross

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Range Rover 4.4 Vogue L322 - 2004
    Range Rover Classic LSE 1993
    Range Rover Evoque TD4 2012 - Gone
    Range Rover Classic - 1974 - Gone
    Discovery ES TD5 - 2002 - Gone
    Defender 110 V8 - Gone

FRESHMAN ROVER

Iíve replaced the amp with a secondhand one and thatís returned the sound.

Iím also in the process of replacing the rear dvd shuttle, hybrid tuner and front cd shuttle.

Not before I pull the tailgate off, apply sealant, new gaskets for the hinges when connecting to the body and a new boot seal. Hopefully thatíll keep things dry.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now