How to make yourself feel better after repairing a RR
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to make yourself feel better after repairing a RR

FRESHMAN ROVER

How to make yourself feel better after repairing a RR

My rear wiper stopped working (the washer never did work) which many owners will recognise as a fairly common problem. Having bought in a new (genuine) motor and a new arm + blade I tackled the job yesterday. Only suffered one finger cut prising the tailgate panel out of its locator clips. The replacement took only 40 minutes to complete and the wiper is restored and for the first time in my ownership there is a functioning washer to. The cost of the parts were £270 from a LR authorised dealer via eBay which is rather a lot of money for a rear wiper motor and arm whichever way you look at it.

Having completed the task I decided to call the local LR Dealership and ask for a price to supply and fit the rear wiper parts and they gave me a price of £528. that made me feel a lot better about spending £270, just earned myself £258 for 40 minutes work. Result!
    2008 3.6TDV8 L322

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: How to make yourself feel better after repairing a RR

I'm new here, I'm just contemplating making the plunge and buying an L322. I like the looks of that model run, better even then the current design. But back to your topic...

In my opinion only enthusiast will own these trucks now. Because you have to enjoy the Range Rover enough to wrench on it yourself, or budget a considerable amount to have a certified technician do it. I actually enjoy wrenching on cars, and get a lot of satisfaction from fixing things. I'm also confident I can fix most any of the problems that seem to come up with these trucks. If I didn't get a sense of satisfaction from doing my own repairs, or I didn't have decades of experience wrenching on cars, I probably wouldn't consider owning an L322.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

If you have a range rover you feel only 2 times feel better, one time on buying second time on selling
    Last edited by RRToadHall; May 25th, 2019 at 07:36 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by EEHam View Post
    In my opinion only enthusiast[s] will own these trucks now. Because you have to enjoy the Range Rover enough to wrench on it yourself...
    I agree 100%. I own two L322s and we exclusively work on our own cars. I don't trust giving it to anyone, except when I have to (4-wheel alignment).
    MJR
    2004 Range Rovers, HSE (L322, M62TUB V8 4.4L)
    Rover 1: Java Black,
    Sand Interior, Piano Black Custom Trim, Heated Steering Wheel and Heated Comfort Seats Retrofit
    Rover 2: Java Black, Charcoal Interior, Cherry Trim, Tow Package [Rescue work in progress]
    North American Spec

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now