Classic Crank but no start issue mixed with other issues?
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Classic Crank but no start issue mixed with other issues?

Classic Crank but no start issue mixed with other issues?

I'm going to try to keep this post as organized as possible. I just bought a 03 RR HSE with a crank but no start issue. I only bought it because seller messaged me a month or so after I inquired about it and asked me to make an offer because she was moving. I offered her $1000 and she accepted. I figured even if the engine was blown I could sell the parts and make money. Anyways, onto the issue.

The PO stated it was running great, then one morning it wouldn't start. I've ran a few test myself to see if I could diagnose it but I'm starting to think it's something electrical. When cranking, there's no fuel coming out of the schrader valve, nor is there spark at the plugs. I've manually forced the fuel pump to come on and then I can get fuel to come out of the schrader valve so I know the fuel pump is working.

On the dash it is telling me Air Susp Inactive, Transferbox Neutral (With blinking LO mountain), Trans. Failsafe Prog.

I have an Autel Mk808 scanner
    Engine codes:
    P0000 - DM-TL heater signal fault.Last occurrence-plausibility
    P1672 - Immobilisation ECU code exchange fault.Last occurrence-plausibility

Trans codes:
    3c - Gear switch fault
    The live data function on my scanner states that the gear selection is in an "INVALID STATE" and gearbox operation is in "LIMP HOME".
    If I shift into another gear sometimes the scanner will say "N" or "P" or "D" for a split second then go back to invalid state.

Other Notes:
    Yesterday the green PRND on the dash would say which gear was selected. Today it is not but the actual yellow PRND on the shifter says the correct gear.
    I've considered the inhibitor switch to be at least part of the problem but I wouldn't think it would let the engine crank if it was the culprit. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I just bought a brand new H9 battery.

That's everything I can think of to explain the situation. I'd love to make this my next DD so any information on getting this thing running would be greatly appreciated! I really don't want to part her out!
    2003 Range Rover HSE
    Austin, TX

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

If I had a go at it, I would check out the inhibitor switch then look at the immobilizer and resync. That's where I would start.
    2005 RR HSE 4.4 Java Black
    2004 RR HSE 4.4 Zambezi Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Rovah View Post
    If I had a go at it, I would check out the inhibitor switch then look at the immobilizer and resync. That's where I would start.
    Thanks for the input! Any other ideas guys?
    2003 Range Rover HSE
    Austin, TX

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Bump. Any help would be much appreciated! 🙂
    2003 Range Rover HSE
    Austin, TX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now