NBT (iDrive) for 2002-2004 322s
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NBT (iDrive) for 2002-2004 322s

NBT (iDrive) for 2002-2004 322s

Searching around for iDrive for my E39 540i, I spot this... Seems to be a complete iDrive system inside of a 02-04 L322, with guidance lines for backup camera and I assume ability to code in cameras in the mirrors, and front.

http://carsystems.com.ua/bmw-product...fit-adapter-en

Very interesting and I'd love to try it in a RR if I can find another one for sale.
    I'm the guy that buys a chicken salad to only eat the chicken
    2017 Range Rover HSE
    2014 Range Rover Sport Dynamic

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: NBT (iDrive) for 2002-2004 322s

I've done it.... if I'm allowed to link to other forums ill put a link to my post...

Re: NBT (iDrive) for 2002-2004 322s

Go for it, no ones stopping you.

I’d love to see it in a RR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm the guy that buys a chicken salad to only eat the chicken
    2017 Range Rover HSE
    2014 Range Rover Sport Dynamic

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

I’m in the process of doing this retrofit and I've read pretty much everything I can find on the NBT retrofit into the E38/E39/E53 and RR L322 cars. I've sourced everything I can think off and purchased the bimmerretrofit eNBT iBUS system (carsystems did not respond to any of my multiple emails). I’m hoping that since danwilderspin has successfully retrofitted this system, he might be able to help any of us interested in this retrofit.

This is for a 2003 L322 HSE US build with Logic 7.

That being said, I've run into a few problems

1. The NBT unit powers on. I've run Cat5e wire and standard twisted wire from the retrofit adapter to the kombi CAN lines. When I turn on the ignition, the NBT unit will power up, but the temperature gauge on the kombi will move to the red even though the engine isn't running. If I disconnect the wires from the CAN lines, the kombi goes back to normal. I've double checked that the correct wires are tapped and are connected to the correct lines on the retrofit wiring.

2. I have connected the appropriate color lines from a Cat5e cable to the correct wires on the eNBT quadlock harness and pulled a +12v source from the original navigation computer harness. The +12v line has had both a 510ohm resistor (as per the bimmerretrofit guide) and a 1K ohm resistor (as I've read from many other sources). Each time I try to connect with eSYS via gateway URL, I get the error "Connection Check Failed. Gateway/ECUs are not correctly connected or not responding. However Functions using the ODX-Data can be sued (G18." I previously had a 2016 F10, which I could connect to and code without issue.

Anyone have any ideas on how to rectify these issues? On the other hand, anyone in the Southern California region familiar with installation of these systems and would be willing to help?

Thank you all in advance.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Here you go - logic 7 in an 03? Is that the fibre optic most one? Or is that just the dsp we have? If dsp I had issues however the last post has a fix for it. https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic41949.html

Also where have you put everything? In the trunk/boot? If so I used cat5 twisted pair wire to the Kombi and I got all sorts of issues. I then bought some proper twisted multistrand can wire and all was good. Also have you definitely got the can wires the correct way around? Or might you have accidentally mixed can1 and can2 signal?
    The cat5 I just cut a cable and pinned to the correct pins. If you get the pdf for the bimmerretrofit module instead of car systems
    I seem to recall the link it was different and one worked one didn’t (nothing to do with the emulator on the nbt itself)

Hope this helps...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now