Broken fuel pump barb
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Broken fuel pump barb

FRESHMAN ROVER

Broken fuel pump barb

2005 range rover. I tried to unhook the fuel pump to replace only the pump. I broke the barb that the fuel line hook on also i dont think the the fuel line clamps any good the orange piece broke too. How i go about replacing the fuel line clamps and whats a good way to removed the clamps? I know im going to need a used pump housing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Broken fuel pump barb

First problem: You have two options as I see it, the easier (like you said), but more expensive is to replace the entire pump assembly. The second, but much more difficult is to use the third, unused/sealed hose barb on the pump top and re-route the internal pump hose from your now-broken barb and connect it to the third sealed hose barb. You would then cut the third sealed hose barb and be able to use it as your connection. You would have to seal up the broken barb connection and make it air tight (JB weld). If you are confident you can do it, and test it very well for leaks, then more power to you.

I had this same issue with my old pump assembly, which I saved and might make a video soon exploring this possibility. I shelved out $700 for a brand new OEM pump assembly and jet pump.

Second problem: damaged orange connector (see my post in this thread plus video); https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-...ml#post2255660

MJR
    2004 Range Rovers, HSE (L322, M62TUB V8 4.4L)
    Rover 1: Java Black,
    Sand Interior, Piano Black Custom Trim, Heated Steering Wheel and Heated Comfort Seats Retrofit, Factory Front Brush Guard and Fixed Side Steps
    Rover 2: Java Black, Charcoal Interior, Piano Black Custom Trim, Tow Package, Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit
    North American Spec

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I went to junk yard and found a pump and kept the fittings on it. I pick up a hose from lowes and barb fittings and hooked it up to new pump. Turned out pretty good. Thanks for that link

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now