CD player removal
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CD player removal

CD player removal

Hi guys. New member, first post. I have a 2005 HSE which I purchased about two months ago. It has a few problems and I feel some of them I could cure myself, but need help with the major one at the moment. Yesterday I took out the 6CD changer. Took quite a while as some of you know there are a lot of panels to take off. Anyway, I cured the fault with the changer (broken gear) and installed it back today. Not in the dash, but on the seat just to see if the player works. After switching the car on I now get the "Range Rover" screen on the display but it doesn't go out and display the normal mode of nav. or radio. Is there some re-boot I have to do before I can clear the screen. The player was out of the car for about 18 hours. Boy, I would like to get this fixed and move on to other problems. Thanks for any help you can give me. Mike.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Recheck all you connectors on the back of the CD changer. On my 2008 at least it's part of the MOST optical network and if one of the links in that network isn't connected right the screen will hang up. Also do the tried and true reset method, aka, disconnect the negative battery terminal, wait 5 min and disconnect the positive and leave it disconnected for about 1 hr or so. Be careful don't this as some models have a explosive battery disconnect in case of accident or roll over. You can tell if it has it by the yellow connector going to the one battery cable.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: CD player removal

With the CD changer on the seat, how did you plug in the MOST (fiber optic) connector?

If the MOST connector remained unplugged, you'll get exactly what you got.

The MOST connector is needed to close the looped ICE circuit.

Rob

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

MrE
    FRESHMAN ROVER

A 2005 doesn't have the MOST fiber optics. I would try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. You might also try driving it around the block, I've had weird stuff happen that corrected it self just by driving it.
    2004 Range Rover HSE
    1986 Newell Motorhome w/2001 Cummins ISM

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks Mr E., good to know (admittedly don't know very much about the earlier [BMW engined] L322's so normally stay out of such threads).

Rob

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now