Part number for valve body seal? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Part number for valve body seal?

LEGACY VENDOR

Re: Part number for valve body seal?

To answer the OP’s original question, the bridge seal has been superseded a couple of times – both to improve the design and because mechanics were getting the thicker version from the 6HP19/21 mixed up with the slightly thinner 6HP26/28/32 seal. ZF put an identification tag on the seal and a locating tab (where the casing has a corresponding notch) to prevent interchangability.

The ZF part numbers were :
    0501 212 931 (early version)
    0501 219 952 (with id tag)
    0501 215 718 (with id tag & locating tab/notch)

The 0501 219 952 version can be used whether the casing has the notch or not, so that will fit whatever. The Land Rover part number is TGW 500010

The part numbers for the four jump tubes are :
    ZF: 0734 317 370 / LR: TZT 500010 (2-off)
    ZF: 0734 317 371 / LR: TZT 500020
    ZF: 0734 317 372 / LR: TZT 500030

And finally, the connector sleeve (the latest one having the black seals rather than the original orange/red ones):
    ZF: 0501 216 272 / LR: TZV 500010

Phil

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Argh, I got it all back together and filled the trans exactly like the instructions said but now I'm getting a P0964 error. It's the only error I'm getting but it's right off the bat even when I reset it. I'm at my wits in with my Rover. I just want to be able to drive it but this has got me to a place where I don't know if I want it anymore.(I'm also dealing with a suspension problem that I've ordered a ton of new seals and parts for)

You've got a bad #2 EPRS solenoid on the mechatronics unit, its not the end one directly under the electrical connector, but the one next to it. Its other an open circuited solenoid coil, or when you put the electrical connector back on (assuming you replaced the seal) one of the pins didn't go back in the right hole, or has some kind of garbage on it. If you didn't touch the mechatronics unit it almost has to be an issue in the connector. Worst case just replace the solenoid, which does involve pulling the valve body out and separating it from the mechatronics unit.
    M Canning
    Massachusetts, USA
    2006 HSE Bonnati Grey/Charcoal Interior

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by MARK_C View Post
    You've got a bad #2 EPRS solenoid on the mechatronics unit, its not the end one directly under the electrical connector, but the one next to it. Its other an open circuited solenoid coil, or when you put the electrical connector back on (assuming you replaced the seal) one of the pins didn't go back in the right hole, or has some kind of garbage on it. If you didn't touch the mechatronics unit it almost has to be an issue in the connector. Worst case just replace the solenoid, which does involve pulling the valve body out and separating it from the mechatronics unit.
    Mark, I pulled out the Mechatronic unit because I was going to send it in as a core unit for another one I was buying. But, I spoke with a guy at Erickson and he said I didn't need a new unit.(I was having the p0705 code) He said I just didn't get my sleeve correctly fitted and it's a common problem. So, I put back in the mechatronic unit and now have that code. I'll check the connector and then if that doesn't work I'll pull the mechatronic unit. At this point it all goes pretty quickly. I'm just tired of it. Seems like I've been chasing one thing after the other lately. My suspension system seems to be full of rust so I'm going to drop the tank and see if it has any water in it.

I hate transmission work, mostly because of the fluid smell.
    M Canning
    Massachusetts, USA
    2006 HSE Bonnati Grey/Charcoal Interior

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Rob, any update on this? Curious how you made out
    2010 HSE

FRESHMAN ROVER

Im in the process of getting some transmission parts, have a bad solenoid. www.thectsc.com has lots of parts.

I managed the solenoids, new trans pan, sleeves and such for 565.00 shipping.
    1996 4.0 SE - "Lucky" has been a lucky car, 230,000 miles, owned for 18 years - recenly sold
    2000 4.6HSE - "Lotus". owned for 10 years now, just clicked 208,000 miles.
    2008 HSE 4.4l - "Meg" - New to us on 10-12-18 with 78,450 miles

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCap View Post
    Rob, any update on this? Curious how you made out
    Dave, no update unfortunately. I got everything back together and still have the 0964 plus my original code which was the 0705. I've been out of town for much of the last two months so I just haven't had time to put into the Rover. I plan on messing with it this weekend. I'm going to remove the mech unit again, make sure everything is clean and then put it back together. If it still is giving me the error then I guess I'll purchase a remanufactured unit. I found one for 900 programmed which seems like a good deal. I'll be honest though, I'm tired of it. I love working on my cars but my son is looking at a 78 280z for his 16th and wants me to help him work on it. I don't have the room or time to work on both so I need my up and going.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now