Mileage Check - LR322 - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mileage Check - LR322

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Mileage Check - LR322

2011 Range Rover NA 5.0 HSE (purchased with 92,295 miles for $20,099.00), currently with 103,744 miles and climbing,

2018 (first year of ownership) spent $9,549.15 on everything other than the vehicle itself and fuel; from property taxes to repairs (air suspension, water pump/termostatic unit, TPMS sensors and module, etc), and small modifications/wear-and-tear like tires.

So far this year (2019) have spent: $745.41 mostly on repair parts (prepping for timing chain guides/tensioners).

Other than fuel the Range Rover has cost me: $30,393.56 for just over 1 year of ownership.
    2011 Range Rover HSE (Santorini Black, Jet Leather/Interior, Ivory Headlining)
    Charleston, South Carolina U.S.A.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Purchased a 2006 L322 with 126k about a year an a half ago. Currently at 147k and happy to see some L322's into the 200k miles.

In the 1.5yrs, I have split costs into Maintenance & Repair Items (total $2,864)

Repair - $1,145 (Ignition Coil #6, Purge Valve, PCV valve, New Fuel Injector O-Rings)
    Maintenance - $1,718 (2 tires, Pads & Rotors, Air Filter, Brake Fluid, 4 Oil Changes)

So this puts me just under the $2k / year mark. Well worth it to own this vehicle, I'm obsessed with it and plan to keep it until either the engine or transmission die. Love my Range Rover so much, was able to convince the wife to get an LR4 instead of a Lexus!
    - Matt

2006 RR HSE "Rex"

SOLIHULL ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by rwallican View Post
    2007 HSE, 190k, owned since 40k. Replaced rear differential ($3k ), 2 radiators and all hoses, alternator, fuel pump, evaporator pump, front air struts (replaced at 90k with Arnott), radio software (weird but $1000). Within the past 2 months had the valve cover gasket replaced AND the water pump. Just received it back today after a fuel injector was replaced (got the dreaded "reduced engine performance" message). I think the bigger question is, how much more leery do we get as these things age and at what age/mileage is it simply best to get rid of them?!? I've been thinking about that for 2 years now. But now it's not worth much. The one thing I refuse to do is replace an engine or transmission.
    my god man... I have an 07 with 150k its gone though a couple of alternators, a starter and an AC clutch bearing as the only real things that have ever failed on it. Everything else was routine maintenance. As for actual repairs over the course of the 8 years I've had it, maybe put 2k into replacing legitimate broken parts.

on edit... I forgot I just had an auxiliary water pump fail $200 to repair.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

I just tallied all of my repair items outside of routine maintenance. I've had my 2007 HSE (190k miles) for 9 years and have paid $17,200. Would have been more had a lot of the parts (including air struts) had not been replaced under extended warranty..
    2007 HSE Luxury package

FRESHMAN ROVER

2012 SC L322 here, have 69k miles. Going on my 3rd year of ownership and purchased it with 35k miles. My out of pocket cost has been about $3,236. That includes, replacing burnt out headlights, replaced front and read brake pads and rotors twice, 4 new tires, 50k service at Range Rover, front control arms, alignment, replaced both air springs, takata airbag recall, 60k mile service at Range Rover, Brake Vaccum pump & hose replaced (oil leak).

The only reason my own personal out of pocket expense is $3,236 is only routine maintenance, and warranty deductibles. My extended warranty has covered all of the repairs mentioned above. I think the control arms, air springs and struts were around $5k alone that was covered and paid by warranty.

FRESHMAN ROVER

2007 SC with 116k miles. I'm the second owner. Just replaced all brakes, and control arms, and AC compressor. I have new front air struts on the way as the current ones from 2012 are sagging significantly overnight and I don't want to burn out my compressor. Engine and trans are solid.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    2007 RR/SC with 208K miles. I'm the second owner, purchasing vehicle 5 years ago with 70K miles. I have replaced all air struts & air compressor, A/C compressor, all brake pads and rotors, complete front suspension, engine thermostat, supercharger cooler pump, serviced transmission, changed all fluids, and misc. electronic gremlins. Also using Gap IID BT tool, which is invaluable in tracking down issues. My wife and I have a definite love - hate relationship with our Range Rover. Presently it's running great but we're just waiting for the next big issue and if it's too big, like an engine or transmission then it's goodbye to our beloved Range Rover.
    Lakeranger
    2007 Range Rover Supercharged

People have been asking me how I can tolerate all the Rover issues and I tell them the same thing. It’s a love hate relationship.
    I’ve been saying, fall in love with the brand not the vehicle. That way when things go terribly down hill it’s time to say good bye. The relationship is over and time for newer.

Sent from my iPhone X
    08 Range Rover Supercharged (stock)
    02 Range Rover Westminster (stock)
    98 Discovery LE Tdi 5 speed, Warn winch, OME.

BJK

2008 HSE with 98k miles, owned for 10 years. Maintenance has not been crazy, though I've been very proactive with normal wear-and-tear upkeep (fluids, belts, plugs, brake pads/rotors, etc.). $2000k/year sounds about right on average. Beyond normal maintenance, I've replaced the EAS compressor, rear bags, and front struts/bags, ride height sensors, and made a few cosmetic upgrades (painted the door handles, bought 2012 OEM supercharged wheels, de-badged the liftgate, removed the deteriorating side-steps...)

I'll be bringing her in this summer for replacement of all the bushings/ball joints, so that $2000/year average might creep up a bit after this year.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I purchased a 2006 HSE with 38k miles. Put 12k miles in last year.
    Replaced EAS with Arnott Front, Rear and Compressor. Bought direct and had it installed at local shop.
    Replaced front control arms and ball joints - Bought direct from British Atlantic and installed at local alignment shop.
    The rest is all PR - Plugs, tires & all fluids fluids replaced (Transmision, Front Rear Dif, Transfer Case, Brake, Steering etc..)
    Runs and drives great.
    Found it to be cost effective to buy parts yourself and have a good mechanic install.
    Jgibson308
    2006 L322 HSE
    Black w/ Grey interior
    50K Miles

FRESHMAN ROVER
    2005 178,000 miles

JUNIOR ROVER

06 L322 SC. Purchased late 2012 with 160,000km (100,000 miles roughly) and now have just over 370,000km (230,000 miles) and it's been better to.me.than most other vehicles I have owned. Or at least no worse. Never looked back. It is really good to me

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    2006 L322 4.2 SC

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by slun80 View Post
    OP - how do you feel about the $2000 annual spend on maintenance? Does that seem normal to you?
    It does seem pretty normal but there will be deviations. The 2008+ models seemed to settle down in issues. However, the dealership will take you for a ride at times. For instance, $700 labor charge for a faulty parking sensor. I am now getting estimates and using a personal provider.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now