Newbie Questions - Inactive Suspension and Frozen Nav Screen
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie Questions - Inactive Suspension and Frozen Nav Screen

Newbie Questions - Inactive Suspension and Frozen Nav Screen

Hello,

Picked up 05 RR Westminster on Friday, has 152k, very nice truck.

Have inactive suspension display on dash, no lights on the height control knob, fronts are lower than normal height and rears are way up above normal height. It seems stuck in this position. I was thinking maybe height sensors? Any one in Atlanta GA area with EAS tool and wouldn't mind resetting/reading code?

Have service appointment at dealer for oil and filter change, they said they will do multi-point inspection but diagnostic charge for any item is $180.

How is the RSW All Comms tool versus other tools? It seems RSW All Comms tool can be used to calibrate all corners?

I had to replace the battery and didn't know about doing something with the steering right afterwards as stated in repair manual, could this have caused a fault?

Also Navigation screen is frozen on Land Rover startup display, any idea on what this could be?

Thanks for your reply.

I look forward to enjoying the ride.

Thanks,
    Ada

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Newbie Questions - Inactive Suspension and Frozen Nav Sc

Cannot speak to the RSW All Comms tool, however, the Gap Diagnostics IIDTool BT should be able to assist in diagnosis as well as calibrate EAS and much more. I purchased mine for $478 (military discount) from Lucky8. It is not cheap, though it has paid for itself many times over saving me the cost of diagnostic fees.

You are welcome to use it if you are ever in Charleston. Good luck with the EAS.
    2011 Range Rover HSE (Santorini Black, Jet Leather/Interior, Ivory Headlining)
    Charleston, South Carolina U.S.A.

No lights on eas knob means hard fault. I.e front height sensors, electrical connection chewed up by rodent or something of that nature. A diag reset will not do it good as it will stay faulty. But sure you can use diag tool to read the fault and carry out the fix. Do you absolutely need it to fix your current issue? Not really if you are familiar with the eas system. But will it be helpful in pinpointing current faults? Yes.
    2005 RR HSE 4.4 Java Black
    2004 RR HSE 4.4 Zambezi Silver

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Which Nav screen do you have, the older BMW version with the 4 hard buttons up each side of the screen or the touch screen version with just the volume and mode buttons in the bottom corners? I think 05's can have either one (early/late production or maybe high line audio vs low line).

If its the touch screen version its probably a fault in your bluetooth module (see if you phone can find the truck on bluetooth sync code is 2121) as that is the most commonly faulted module that puts your nav screen in the locked position. If its the bluetooth module you will need anew one, or you will have to bypass the fiber optic connector on the module by connecting the fiber optic in cable to the out cable so the fiber optic ring is complete.

Any other dash lights on, like the ABS, DSC disabled etc?
    M Canning
    Massachusetts, USA
    2006 HSE Bonnati Grey/Charcoal Interior

SOLIHULL ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Rovah View Post
    No lights on eas knob means hard fault. I.e front height sensors, electrical connection chewed up by rodent or something of that nature. A diag reset will not do it good as it will stay faulty. But sure you can use diag tool to read the fault and carry out the fix. Do you absolutely need it to fix your current issue? Not really if you are familiar with the eas system. But will it be helpful in pinpointing current faults? Yes.

That isn't necessarily true... It can enter hard fault for a bunch of different reasons beyond physical damage. Maybe all it needs is the codes cleared, tho then again maybe not. Also to op when you replace the battery yes turn the steering lock to lock and it'll calibrate the steering angle sensor, if you haven't done this it'll remain faulted until you do so... but no, it won't cause any damage if you skip this step, you'll just be in a state of fault until you do so.

FRESHMAN ROVER

i would check round the spare wheel for water ingress. Both the eas and audio system are located in the rear.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now