What is the consensus guys, are Arnott Air Springs like OEM? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is the consensus guys, are Arnott Air Springs like OEM?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: What is the consensus guys, are Arnott Air Springs like

My car has only 76k miles and thus I believe my struts (minus the air bags) have plenty of life left in them.
    I called several Land Rover independent shops and they also agree and advise that I replace the shocks next time around.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Now I am seriously worried. I have just replaced both front air struts with Arnott. I might contact them about understanding the limited lifetime warranty. My fingers are crossed. Struts I purchased AS-2795

SOLIHULL ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by carljames001 View Post
    Now I am seriously worried. I have just replaced both front air struts with Arnott. I might contact them about understanding the limited lifetime warranty. My fingers are crossed. Struts I purchased AS-2795
    I wouldn't worry too much about it... when I got my first l322 I fit a pair of their remain struts and they were perfectly fine for 100,000 miles. IMO with the costs where they are now, new struts make more sense, but if you fit a pair that are working, chances are they'll continue to work

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by carljames001 View Post
    Arnott offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty in North American and a Limited Two Year Warranty elsewhere. The key "Limitation" is it is that the warranty applies to the original purchaser. (also can't be modified and other conditions apply to Arnott's compressor warranty). While those who buy used vehicles with Arnott struts or bags may not agree with that limitation - the warranty is still better than the dealer's and off-shore produced products and I don't recall any parts vendor who allows the warranty to "follow" the vehicle to the next owner. Feel free to email us if you know of a vendor who offers a better warranty on air struts or air springs. Remember - these struts and springs are made with rubber air bladders. Like rubber hoses, tires, belts and wipers - rubber eventually degrades.
    Doug Taylor
    Arnott Inc. - Air Suspension Products
    100 Sea Ray Drive
    Merritt Island, FL 32953

321-868-3016 X 128 - Direct
    800-251-8993 - Toll Free

[email protected]
    www.ArnottInc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Keralis View Post
    Look elsewhere, because the experience that I had was horrific, and I've heard many others have issues with Arnott as well.

I bought a 2004 with new Arnott complete air struts, one of them failed at highway speeds and almost caused me to lose control as the front left corner had collapsed. They denied warranty, though the bag was less than 2 years old, because I was not the original owner. When I removed the strut and disassembled it, I found a damaged o ring from the installation process. THEIR installation.
    Sorry for the rant.
    I'm surprised a two year old strut with a damaged o-ring lasted two years. Normally warranty issues that might involve a defective part would fail right away. Glad you found a solution to your air suspension issues.
    Doug Taylor
    Arnott Inc. - Air Suspension Products
    100 Sea Ray Drive
    Merritt Island, FL 32953

321-868-3016 X 128 - Direct
    800-251-8993 - Toll Free

[email protected]
    www.ArnottInc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arnott Inc. View Post
    Feel free to email us if you know of a vendor who offers a better warranty on air struts or air springs. Remember - these struts and springs are made with rubber air bladders. Like rubber hoses, tires, belts and wipers - rubber eventually degrades.
    HOLY **** I had a laugh at your comment!

One, my dealer will warranty EAS components with my CPO (though I'm not the original owner) through 2021, build date of 8/13 MY14 RR through 120,000 miles, respectively. I doubt I'll need new air bags in that time.

Two, my 2005 Range Rover, lasted 12 years before the slightest leak in the system. Don't give me that "All rubber degrades" BS because though it is true, you're having failures WAYYY earlier than other manufacturers. Even the shoddy Chicom units..

Three, your POS customer service didn't even APOLOGIZE for the trouble I went through, All I got was a generic response!

Four, I resolved my EAS troubles with no help of your company, and never will I touch a Arnott branded product ever again!

Five, it is not slander if it is ALL TRUE!

Sorry again Toad, I do believe this is a full rant.
    I'm the guy that buys a chicken salad to only eat the chicken
    2017 Range Rover HSE
    2014 Range Rover Sport Dynamic

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by brad s1 View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about it... when I got my first l322 I fit a pair of their remain struts and they were perfectly fine for 100,000 miles. IMO with the costs where they are now, new struts make more sense, but if you fit a pair that are working, chances are they'll continue to work
    Thanks brad. They have been good so far and the Arnott AS-2795 fronts have been on for 3 months now. Little bit gutted Arnott Inc confirmed its only a 2 year warranty in the UK as the main reason I bought them was due to the supposed Limited Lifetime Guarantee.But hey we and learn, should read more carefully. New LPG plugs and rocker cover gasket repair this weekend. Let the drama continue do love my FFRR 2007 SC though.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Arnott Air struts have been on now for nearly 6 months and no issues at all so far. So I am hoping they are all good.
    Range Rover L322 4.2 Vogue SE SuperCharged 2007 101,000 Miles Birmingham UK

FRESHMAN ROVER

Jag community stopped using Arnott's a while ago. Poor reliability, and lost the CATS damping system. Even the dealers are staying away from them on Jags and LR. They used to install quite a few, but reliability issues halted that. If you have a pair and are still working, your good to go. Seemed like they were go/no go.
    2009 R/R HSE
    2001 R/R HSE
    1971 SER III
    2006 Jaguar Super V8
    1990 R/R Classic (dearly missed)
    1990 Jaguar XJ-40 VDP (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Keralis View Post
    ...Two, my 2005 Range Rover, lasted 12 years before the slightest leak in the system..
    How'd you do that?
    I've had to replace the front air struts on my '03 3 times now, basically a 5-year life, and that's with new OEM air struts. It's not a complicated job to replace them. I recall the first time in '08 I thought it was terrible. Then thanks to this and other forums, I found it's common for the front airbags to wear out after about 5 years.
    The last time one went on me, it was at highway speeds (80 MPH). Not as traumatic as your experience, just a bummer. I could tell when it went from the low highway level to the bump stops. The way that the vehicle handles airbag failure is probably more the responsibility of the vehicle manufacturer than the air shock supplier. Did you call JLRNA and complain to them?

Oddly, not the same with the rear air bags.
    I still haven't had to replace one of them.
    I expect to have to replace the fronts on my 2012 before long. I would probably buy the Arnott if I didn't prefer installing an entirely new shock instead of a recycled/rebuilt one.

What year did you buy your 2004? And when did you sell it?
    '03 Range Rover HSE
    Black
    '12 Range Rover HSE 'Lux'
    White

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now