Range Rovers Forum banner

2004 Range Rover L322 Stereo Upgrade?

47K views 47 replies 16 participants last post by  sharpfork 
#1 ·
Hello all, I'm new to the site and just recently got my first range rover. Any help would be much appreciated!

I am looking to upgrade from the stock sat/nav screen. I have read several threads about installation but moreso looking for suggestions on what type of units I should look for. I have read about the Eonon 7" unit, the Dynavin, and the Pioneer NEX, any other suggestions or links for compatible units?

#40 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Thanks rattler for this great photo-reportage.
I plan on doing the same with my '2004 L322 Vogue.

First, I have to check what kind of modules I have at the back of the truck.
I sure have a GPS module. I also have a power amplifier and I seem to have an aerial amplifier.

I have not yet seen the BM54 module. Is it hidden under the plastic cover, next to the amplifier ?

#41 ·
Hi all,

New 2004 Vogue owner and this thread has been a great help. I'm just about to purchase the current version of the Eonon unit (the models you reference in the thread are no longer available) and hope to get started once I receive delivery. They have a decent offer on at moment where the front and rear camera's are included in the package so an added challenge. Will keep you updated with installation progress!

#42 ·
Progress has been slow, got swamped with work. Essentially when I attempted the connections, I plugged the A0579 into the bm54 but couldn't identify where the previous plug in the bm54 plugged into on the A0579 harness. The remaining 3 connectors on the A5079 did not appear as though they would connect with the harness that was unplugged from the bm54. Anybody have any guidance on this?? Be very much appreciated

#46 ·
Hey folks, anybody able to help here?

I did find a by pass by putting the old unit into the Glovebox and keeping that connected to power the BM54 speakers/amp but that has now resulted in a battery drain so i've had to disconnect the old unit but now I've lost sound. I'm sure there is a simple step I am missing here but just can't put my finger on it. Any help offered would be apprecaited.

#45 ·
I was considering the Avin Avant 4 for my 04HSE and came across this thread. I checked out Eonon and it looks like they have what appears to be a newer model - GA9349 - on quite the sale right now. Has anybody used this unit?

** I tried to add a link to it but since I just joined the site - just purchase this RR a few days ago - I apparently am not able to

#47 ·
Hi,

Sorry for the long delay... Too much work in the office.

Did you investigate the BMW replacement proposal for this BM54 ?
I did so with my BMW 330 XD E46. I removed the GPS, the BM54 and used an aftermarket stereo. It does bluetooth, radio, music ... and that's all.
Cost is OK ; and no more battery drain !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.