REMOVING DSP AMP
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: REMOVING DSP AMP

FRESHMAN ROVER

REMOVING DSP AMP

i CAN ONLY SEE THERE IS ONE 8MM BOLT INTO THE FRAME OF THE AMP BUT I CANT GET TO TE THING ANY TIPS ON REMOVING.
    2003 TD6 Vogue, Monte Carlo Blue Ivory Leather

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: REMOVING DSP AMP

The easiest way to remove the DSP amp is to remove the plastic floor piece that forms part of the spare wheel cover (3 plastic nuts and a couple of plastic clips) the carpet trim by the lower rear boot lid (2 plastic clips and the load securing shackle allen bolt) that gives you good access to the bottom of the DSP frame remove the two 8mm nuts securing the frame to the floor, one 8mm bolt securing the frame between the DSP and TV unit and finally one 8mm bolt holding the frame to the rear quarter (behined light unit) now the whole unit will lift out, should take 5/10mins max. You can try to get it out without removing boot parts etc but much more fiddly,
    Good luck.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Great instructions pal thanks alot. did the job tonight and all is well thanks again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Glad you managed it OK. As a matter of interest what was the problem? See my thread on this board re intermittent fault possibly DSP but having had it out and removed both panels can find no obvious fault, but have no way of testing it. Now trying to locate another DSP to swap with to locate fault or I may be barking up the wrong tree altogether. Hey Ho!

FRESHMAN ROVER

the fault i had was only 1 speaker in every door working and clearly not amplified. I located a firm in preston near where i live he plugged a test amp and all was fine. So located and second hand one off ebay cos very expensive new and as long as it works thats all i want. This firm also had the testbook the main dealers use so switched a few other things on whilst there half the price too, were very good imo.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Lucky you finding someone who knows what they are talking about, all I get round here is "no serviceable parts main dealer new unit only" but I dont believe them so I will carry on my quest to find a repairer/diagnostic who can find the problem. Keeping an eye on Ebay but only found DSP units in Poland and Lithuania, dont fancy them much!

LEGACY VENDOR

Quote Originally Posted by ian campbell
    ....... I located a firm in preston near where i live he plugged a test amp and all was fine...This firm also had the testbook the main dealers use so switched a few other things on whilst there half the price too, were very good imo.
    Ian,

They sound like useful people to know! Any chance you could let me know where to find them? (I live in Blackburn / work in Leyland).

Phil

FRESHMAN ROVER

They are on aqueduct Street in Preston if u cant find them off that let me know i will sort the tel number for you.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now