Range Rovers Forum banner

3rd gen advice for purchase.

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sissy 
#1 ·
In the market for a new suv for my wife and the Range Rover is topping the list atm. Heard a lot of horror stories about them though. We are most interested in the 3rd gen but there seem to be a ton of different options. What is the best route to go here year wise and motor wise?? In my opinion everything should be boosted but for her that's not a necessity. Just looking for really the most reliable and what will last with out having to make repairs every month.... More then likely will be buying an auction car around wholesale value and giving myself room for immediate repairs to hopefully have a solid running car off the bat. Most likely will be starting with something with 100k on it. Let's get some opinions here! Anything will help:grin:

#2 ·
yea.... there is an entire forum here for the L322... knock yourself out. If you want a starting point there are dozens of existing "what is the best route to go here" type of threads encapsulating the info you are looking for.

#3 ·
Welcome to the site and get ready for a great adventure whether you buy newish or older. With all the posts I have read on this amazing site there are fewer than a handful who have thrown in the towel with these machines (at least in the earlier years) Some have even spent way to much but kept them. I think the rest of us are somewhere in between. When we bought ours at 105,000 miles now at about 128,000 it was in the sweet spot. In the last tiny bit the trans needed an overhaul with a new trans cooler and now an airspring failed and tires are coming due along with some brake work in the next 10 k miles or less. Enjoy your reading material. A great opportunity to build up your tool kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.