2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

    Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: 2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade

  1. #1
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    191

    2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade

    Looking to upgrade the exhaust tips on my 2004 Range Rover HSE. Any suggestions, sellers, pics?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    SOPHOMORE ROVER 06BlackHSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 22nd, 2013
    Location
    Maryland, Sometimes FL
    Posts
    327

    Re: 2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRange View Post
    Looking to upgrade the exhaust tips on my 2004 Range Rover HSE. Any suggestions, sellers, pics?
    You can just got to Advance Auto, Pep Boys, Auto Zone anywhere really cut your turndowns and buy some exhaust tips and weld them on...

  4. #3
    SOPHOMORE ROVER 06BlackHSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 22nd, 2013
    Location
    Maryland, Sometimes FL
    Posts
    327

    Re: 2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade

    Here is a picture of the side view and one from the back to help you get an idea of what you may be looking for. I may change mine to a bigger tip at some point but I like the size of these right now.

    2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade-image007.jpg 2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade-image003.jpg

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    191

    Re: 2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade

    Nice.. did you add these yourself or is that standard on your Range? I was hoping to buy tips and just connect without any cutting or modification. Also, what brand calipers do you have on your vehicle? They are nice.

  7. #5
    SOPHOMORE ROVER 06BlackHSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 22nd, 2013
    Location
    Maryland, Sometimes FL
    Posts
    327

    Re: 2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRange View Post
    Nice.. did you add these yourself or is that standard on your Range? I was hoping to buy tips and just connect without any cutting or modification. Also, what brand calipers do you have on your vehicle? They are nice.
    I added them. There is no way around cutting them if you want to add straight tips. You can take it to any muffler/exhaust shop and they can do it for around 25.00 in labor.

    They are the factory calipers. I just sprayed them with caliper paint.

  8. #6
    FRESHMAN ROVER ldollar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11th, 2010
    Location
    East Bay - SF Bay Area, CA USA
    Posts
    142

    Re: 2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade

    Here are some pics from my 06 HSE that had a Magnaflow aftermarket exhaust system. It wasn't too loud but it really changed the appearance of the car. It may be more than you're looking to spend but just thought I'd throw these pics out for you.

    Pretty sure this is the same exhaust but with different tips:
    http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/MAG16715

    https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2927/...fec50e6a_b.jpg

    https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5073/...ede61c06_b.jpg

    https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5482/...374b3961_b.jpg

    https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2929/...3a18f918_b.jpg

    https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2939/...248621b4_b.jpg
    Sittin on a dock on the Bay....

    2010 Alaska White Supercharged L322 Range Rover
    2016 Alpine White BMW X5 xDrive35i
    2006 White BMW M5 (SOLD)
    2006 Bonatti Grey HSE Range Rover (SOLD)

  9. #7
    SOPHOMORE ROVER 06BlackHSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 22nd, 2013
    Location
    Maryland, Sometimes FL
    Posts
    327

    Re: 2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade

    Here are a few more I took so you can see better where they need to be cut and how it looks.


    2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade-image051.jpg2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade-image052.jpg2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade-image049.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade-image053.jpg  

  10. #8
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    191

    Re: 2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade

    Nice.. thats definitely more than I was looking to spend but I really like the upgrade. Where exactly did you get the Nerf bars that are on the sides of the truck? Were they easy to install?

  11. #9
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    191

    Re: 2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by ldollar View Post
    Here are some pics from my 06 HSE that had a Magnaflow aftermarket exhaust system. It wasn't too loud but it really changed the appearance of the car. It may be more than you're looking to spend but just thought I'd throw these pics out for you.

    Pretty sure this is the same exhaust but with different tips:
    http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/MAG16715

    https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2927/...fec50e6a_b.jpg

    https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5073/...ede61c06_b.jpg

    https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5482/...374b3961_b.jpg

    https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2929/...3a18f918_b.jpg

    https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2939/...248621b4_b.jpg
    Nice.. thats definitely more than I was looking to spend but I really like the upgrade. Where exactly did you get the Nerf bars that are on the sides of the truck? Were they easy to install?

  12. #10
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    191

    Re: 2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by 06BlackHSE View Post
    I added them. There is no way around cutting them if you want to add straight tips. You can take it to any muffler/exhaust shop and they can do it for around 25.00 in labor.

    They are the factory calipers. I just sprayed them with caliper paint.
    I will check with muffler shops today. What type of caliper paint did you use on your calipers and did you take them off or paint while on the Range?

  13. #11
    SOPHOMORE ROVER 06BlackHSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 22nd, 2013
    Location
    Maryland, Sometimes FL
    Posts
    327

    Re: 2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRange View Post
    I will check with muffler shops today. What type of caliper paint did you use on your calipers and did you take them off or paint while on the Range?
    I took them off. It's pretty quick to remove the pads and take out the caliper bolts. I used VHT Caliper Paint from Advance Auto Parts.


    Make sure you sand them really good, primer, and then spray and then clear coat if you'd like. I did 7 coats on each caliper, probably overkill but at least it will last a long time.

  14. #12
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    191

    Re: 2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade

    7 coats? lol.. I will probably do the same since this will be my first time trying this, just to be sure all is covered. Is that about a can of paint per caliper?

  15. #13
    SOPHOMORE ROVER 06BlackHSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 22nd, 2013
    Location
    Maryland, Sometimes FL
    Posts
    327

    Re: 2004 Range Rover Exhaust Tip Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRange View Post
    7 coats? lol.. I will probably do the same since this will be my first time trying this, just to be sure all is covered. Is that about a can of paint per caliper?
    No. I only used 1 and a half cans. Calipers don't take a lot of paint because they have a small surface area to cover.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Similar Threads

  1. 2004 Range Rover Wheel Upgrade
    By AtlantaRange in forum Range Rover Mark III / L322
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: July 2nd, 2014, 07:45 AM
  2. 2004 Range Rover Headlights Upgrade (to '06 lights) - anyone
    By dadasaab in forum Range Rover Mark III / L322
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 16th, 2011, 08:02 AM
  3. Magnaflow single tip exhaust on a 2001 dual tip?
    By medcapequip in forum Range Rover Mark II / P38
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 18th, 2010, 06:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0