2004 Range Rover Wheel Upgrade
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2004 Range Rover Wheel Upgrade

FRESHMAN ROVER

2004 Range Rover Wheel Upgrade

I am getting conflicting information on this.. I am looking to upgrade to a new model RR wheels for my 04 Range Rover HSE. I see many for sale on ebay for new model RR and RR Sport. Some tell me they will fit, others say no. They all seem to have the same bolt pattern. What should I look for to help determine whether they will fit or not?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: 2004 Range Rover Wheel Upgrade

The L405 and L494 have different hub specs and thus are not a bolt on option for L322 or L320 applications.
    You’ve got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know… morons.

~ Jim, Blazing Saddles

FRESHMAN ROVER

I put 2011 wheels on my 2003 RR HSE, had them powder coated matte black. Same fitment for the hub, same bolt pattern, offset on the 2011 wheels is 58mm versus the 57mm on the 2003 stock wheels. Went from stock 19" wheels with 255 55 19 tires to 20" wheels with 265 50 20. If you want an even closer match to exact rolling diameter of the stock wheels 255 50 20 would work better. Obviously these vehicles are engineered with a specific wheel in mind (and as we all know how cheap these vehicles are to service), therefore I was determined to find something that fit the hub without the need for hubcentric rings or that had a dramatically different offset.

https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/members/12770-y-n-w-a-albums-2003-range-rover-hse.html

As a side note to this, had to order the proper lug nuts, and locking nuts for the new wheels, as the 2003-2005 lugs are not specified for the newer style wheels. Although they can work was strongly advised against it. So now I have a set of summer wheels, and winter wheels each with their own set of lugs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

2011 is not the new model though. 2011 is still an L322.
    You’ve got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know… morons.

~ Jim, Blazing Saddles

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by RRToadHall View Post
    Sorry if I came across the wrong way, not debating that at all. Just making a suggestion that might offer some insight into possible upgrades, something that offers a more modern look (not from the current line up of wheels offered by Land Rover).

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by RRToadHall View Post
    so are you saying that wheels from 2004-2012 Range will fit perfect? And on later models, I would need a different set of lug nuts. Also would rims from the Sport line fit the HSE?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Well they don't fit perfect. The offset differs by 1mm and the overall diameter of the wheel with tires may differ slightly (1-2 %). Range Rover Sport wheels are wider with completely different offsets. Somebody with much more expertise could answer that for you, or you could use a wheel offset calculator. I myself didn't want to stray from the factory specifications of the wheels on my vehicle because that was the way it was engineered.

There are three generations of L322 from 2002-2012. All L322 wheels are interchangeable as long as you use the lug nuts that match the wheel. In other words if you are installing 2006 wheels on your 2004 use 2006 lug nuts.

~ Jim, Blazing Saddles

FRESHMAN ROVER

Gotcha.. thanks so much for the clarification. Im assuming Range Rover Sport rims within the same year will probably give me issues.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now