Newbie Question... Nav Upgrade for 03
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie Question... Nav Upgrade for 03

FRESHMAN ROVER

Newbie Question... Nav Upgrade for 03

Just to be clear, I have done some searching in this forum and it seems that the upgrade for the 03 Nav system is avalable from Bimmernav.com and Vortec has done some modifying to make it applicable for the Range, but there is still nothing like the touch screen units that are available in the new Range models correct?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Correct. The touch screen option in the 05 is based on a fiber optic system. You best bet would be to upgrade the computer in the trunk.

The upgraded computer and upgraded radio module (in the trunk as well) brings your car to the 20th century. Once you have done both of these upgrades, you can add Sirius, Aux, and MP3 CD changer, just like the 2006 X5.

Here are some good videos and how to guides. http://www.roverupgrades.com/

I completely redid mine and put an after market (Panasonic) in. The new one has all the touch screen with added features (MP3, IPOD hookup, DVD, XM Radio, GPS Traffic, Nav). It cost me quite a bit but no upgrade seemed like it would be what I was really looking for. This may be another option for you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Yes I fitted aftermarket system simply because I had no satnav , I am very happy with the result and I now have touch screen monitor with bluetooth ,reversing camera, ipod connection ,usb port and a fantastic garmin sat nav .
    The system is a Kenwood 7200 with additional bluetooth unit and steering wheel button hookup to keep original functions .

http://picasaweb.google.com/mickrsims/D ... 6441766882
    Range Rover HSE
    Adriatic Blue

France

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickrsims
    Yes I fitted aftermarket system simply because I had no satnav , I am very happy with the result and I now have touch screen monitor with bluetooth ,reversing camera, ipod connection ,usb port and a fantastic garmin sat nav .
    The system is a Kenwood 7200 with additional bluetooth unit and steering wheel button hookup to keep original functions .

http://picasaweb.google.com/mickrsims/D ... 6441766882
    Nice..I have that system in my Porsche....I am considering it for rthe Rover....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now